iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Favourite song of the moment (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favourite song of the moment
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:
What is everyone's opinion on 'Jessie's Girl'? I know that Rick Springfield was an ex-soap opera actor so he was probably crap BUT doesn't it encapsulate a point in all our lives?

I think it gets more airplay than necessary. It was one of those 80's chestnuts that sounded good because your heard it so seldom. Now it's on every 80's compilation and is a staple on every 80's radio broadcast. (What few there are.) The thing that has always killed me about it is that our local "serious" rock station had it in HEAVY rotation during the spring of 1981 when Rick still had hard rock potential. Once the soap fans and Tiger Beat readers got to him and made him the early 80's answer to Shaun Cassidy, that potential went right out the window. (Kind of like "Here's your sleeveless t-shirt, there's the door".)
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I was the last one to post on this over 2 weeks ago.

Well my new favorite song that I keep listening to lately is Keith Urban's "Better Half". I just bought this CD and I keep playing that one over and over again!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also - If You Leave, Orchestral Manouveres in the Dark; You Win Again, Bee Gees; We Belong, Pat Benetar; Stop Draggin My Heart Around, Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty; Keep on Loving You, REO Speedwagon; Crazy, Icehouse; It's a Heartache, Bonnie Taylor; Only You, Yahoo; Is There Something I Should Know, Duran Duran; Need You Tonight, INXS; Oh Diane, Fleetwood Mac; Vienna, Ultravox; Against All Odds, Phil Collins; Groovy Kind of Love, Phil Collins; And heaps heaps more!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catch my disease - Ben Lee
Since U been gone - Kelly Clarkson
Speed of sound - Coldplay
Funk U up - Joel Turner and the Modern Day Poets

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm playing 'There's The Girl' by Heart and my sound card has got some echo effect stuck on so it sounds like it's in a big shopping mall or something. Kinda cool!
Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Im loving...... 'nothins gonna stop us now' starship

Great song Earth Angel! I am loving that one at the moment too! Love Mannequin!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler. I wish they'd put this video out on DVD. It was always a trip trying to figure out the spooky college scenes with the guys trashing the dinner table, ninjas, bikers, ppl with wings and glowing eyes, etc. The dancing Conan dude always cracked me up.

Bonnie Tyler and Meat Loaf both have that similar Brit/goth/piano-rock look and sound, and Jim Steinman seems to be a common thread. I wouldn't have noticed except that a high school friend said that Fire Inc. (Streets of Fire soundtrack) sounded a lot like Bonnie Tyler, and I'm pretty sure Fire Inc. IS Meat Loaf, but they changed their name for some reason.

Oh, now I have to go play Bat Out of Hell.
'Sirens are screaming and the fires are howlin' way down in the valley tonight...'

Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J. Chance:

Oh, now I have to go play Bat Out of Hell.
'Sirens are screaming and the fires are howlin' way down in the valley tonight...'

I tried to hate Meatloaf for ages until I just surrendered myself to the fact that a lot of his songs were really catchy! Bat out of Hell is great but my favourite is 'Paradise by the Dashboard light' - it kind of reminds me of being young if you know what i mean!
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
'Paradise by the Dashboard Light' always reminds me of late night road trips. It's been karaoke'd so much everyone seems to know at least some of the words.

I think my favorite rendition so far was hearing a group of girls singing it around a campfire at 1 a.m. They were actually pretty good.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now I seriously can't get enough of "Superstar" by The Carpenters. My heavy metal brethern are very disappointed in me with this revelation, but this song is so cool and I need to hear it LOUD. "Coconut" by Nillson is also cool right now, but I'm not liking it because of the Coke commercials I'm liking it for the closing credits of the movie "Reservoir Dogs"
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been going crazy singing out loud to MARTINA MCBRIDE's greatest hits! she has a great voice for country music.
"safe in the arms of love" & "wild angels" are mainly the 2 songs i find myself hitting the repeat button to.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Independence Day by Martina McBride
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have excellent taste in music, sam. you like a little bit of everything, like me.

i honestly haven't listened to much 80s lately. i go through phases when it comes to music. i am on a country kick these days and next week, i am sure it will be something comepletely different. [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home