iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What 80's Song Do You Hear On the Radio Today...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What 80's Song Do You Hear On the Radio Today...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
takes your mind right back to the movie and the 80's it came from?

I could name a bunch, but here are a few:

"Melt With You" Valley Girl

"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" Real Genius

"In The Air Tonight" Risky Business

"The Power Of Love" Back To The Future

"In Your Eyes" Say Anything

What about you?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Open Arms- The Last American Virgin

Somebody's Baby- Fast Times at Ridemont High

Don't You Forget About Me- The Breakfast Club

Maniac-Flashdance

Love My Way- Valley Girl

True- Sixteen Candles

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boo hoo I didn't hear anything!!!!

Maybe tomorrow!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls, Girls, Girls!
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Your Love" The Outfields
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also hear a LOT of remixes and covers. e.g

Summer Rain - Slinky Minxx (what kind of a name is that anyway

Jump - Girls Aloud

Waiting for a Star to Fall - Sunset Strippers

And these are just to name a few. I hear more out at clubs. Fun 80's songs, funked up with a techno beat. However, to me, they were fine to begin with!!!!

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Safety Dance"! by Men Without Hats - I can't remember when I first heard it - somewhere in the early 80's (80 - 83) but I heard it in Dubai on the station there (2003) and have since heard it on triple m radio station within the last week in Australia. Two thumbs up to triple m for playing lots of songs that we had all forgotten about yet loved!!!!!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard two of Tone Loc's smash hits from 1989 on a party mix on Saturday night, those being:

"Wild Thing" &

"Funky Cold Medina" (I just love my 'crap rap')

Also, a station over here was having an all 80's/90's weekend, so I also heard the following awesome tracks whilst cleaning my room:

"Girls on Film" Duran Duran (even better live!)

"Send Me An Angel" Real Life

"Livin' on a Prayer" Bon Jovi (this song ROCKS!)

"Billie Jean" Michael Jackson

"Every Rose Has It's Thorn" Poison

"Janie's Got A Gun" Aerosmith

"Jesse's Girl" Rick Springfield

"Mickey" Toni Basil

That's about all that comes to mind

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so just heard.........

"You're a Friend of Mine" Clarence Clemons & Jackson Browne

I'm freakin out cause I love it....haven't heard it in a long time.....so someone tell me was it in a movie???? I know it is? ahhhh it's killing me???

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home