iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Cookie (1989)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cookie (1989)
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I showed my mum the film Cookie recently which she really enjoyed, but when she saw who was the main star she said "Oh I know who that is, she was your cousin's childhood friend..." !

Yup, Emily Lloyd was the childhood friend of my cousin Emily and she was at her wedding too a few years ago, I didn't go because I don't like the family gatherings (so many people) but my brother almost contemplated going up to her and asking "weren't you famous once?" (lol) because she was acting snooty about the event, not enough range of food or something. Allegedly she's been in and out of drug rehab which would explain a few things, IMDB mentions she has obsessive Compulsive Syndrome but couldn't find anything online about the rehab info.

So there you have it, connection to someone (almost) famous [Wink]

Devo, still want that DVD of it?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that this is so funny. In my town we have a really old movie theater that has been abandoned. Oh, let's say since at least '89. You know how there are windows where movie posters go, well that movie poster has been up in the window box since that place closed. Isn't that bizarre. It has become extremely sun bleached and falling down, but you can still tell what movie it is. I think that it should win an award for the longest hanging poster in Kansas, maybe even the world. Hasn't been moved at all in over 15 years.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moviejunke
Rewind Curious
Member # 3351

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for moviejunke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of getting liable- i have to say that this is probably true about emily lloyd. I have seen her countless times and she seemed a little , shall we say, unstable. In fact it was so bad i felt embarrased for her.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my I just came across this post again and Ithought that everyone should know that the poster has finally fallen down!!!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have "Cookie" on VHS and I'm waiting for Warner to announce a DVD. With this new info I have on Emily Lloyd, I think a commentary track with her, Peter Falk and director Susan Seidelman would be a scream (My sense of humor is dark that way).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Libel' applies to written criticism of someone in a public forum, but I don't think the rewind would count.

I wondered what happened to her...she was like an '80s 'next big thing' but faded pretty quickly, unlike my favorite English Rose, the lovely and hugely talented Ms. Winslet.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think that she got messed up into drugs and it just went south from there. The last big type picture that I knew of her being in was A River Runs Through It with Craig Sheffer, Brad Pitt, and Tom Skerritt. I haven't heard of her making a comeback or anything so who knows what she is doing now.
moviejunke
Rewind Curious
Member # 3351

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for moviejunke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's wandering around london looking messed up on drugs- trust me, I've seen her a couple of times.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
REALLY!!! That is so sad!
lessthanzero
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3494

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lessthanzero   Email lessthanzero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked her IMDB page...has she had plastic surgery? Her nose especially looks different.

Again, this was a movie I liked at the time but don't like now. The only plus was renting it again to see a young and scrumptious Adrian Pasdar. Susan Seidelman is a great director, though. It's a shame she never lived up to her potential after Desperately Seeking Susan.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home