iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Culture Club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Culture Club
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else here like Culture Club, and the main singer Boy George?
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love them, and they just started touring again, and I wanted to get tickets but not happening, anyway I saw current pictures of Boy George, and I liked it much better when Boy George looked like a Girl and not a Boy, he actually looks like a serial killer now. They are coming out with a new album, I wonder if they still will sound anything like they did.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LISA LISA:
anyway I saw current pictures of Boy George, and I liked it much better when Boy George looked like a Girl and not a Boy, he actually looks like a serial killer now.

-
Boy George - serial killer. [Big Grin]

[ 10. May 2015, 12:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

You've definitely got a good point Lisa Lisa he's definitely changed in appearance over the years,but sadly that happens to us all.

I didn't dislike culture club,they were pretty good actually,I liked Adam and the ants as well,did either of you like them?

-

Adam and the ants.

https://youtu.be/wbdWt3UDXhs - Apollo 9 by Adam ant.

[ 10. May 2015, 12:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Adam and the Ants!

[ 04. June 2016, 11:13: Message edited by: Chloe ]

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Boy George cancel a concert back in 84 due to a yeast infection? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! That is so funny. I love Culture Club. I love Miss Me Blind (that is so 80s nostalgia for me)
I love Time-Clock of the Heart. But , I can't get in to seeing him with facial hair, something about it, is all wrong to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Culture Club was my little sister's favorite band back in the day. I remember talking in the school yard confused about what gender Boy was. I really love some of their music though, particularly the first two albums. The Do you really want to hurt me song always hits me with a strong sense of nostalgia and sadness when I realise those days are gone. It was also one of the first music videos I remember seeing. I wouldn't mind seeing them, I know I was supposed to go to a Boy George DJ set once, but I passed because I couldn't take the 3am length of the night!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Culture Club as a kid. I remember walking to the mall as a kid with some friends and buying Thriller and Colour By Numbers at the same time...then rushing home to listen to them. Funny enough...I didn't even have my own cassette player yet, so had to ask my brother to use his! I also had a big Culture Club poster in my room in the early 80's...later bought the same poster on ebay, but have yet to put it in my 80's room. I have the Colour By Numbers album cover in a frame on my wall (along with 13 others) and this remains pure 80's magic...for me, this album cover is one of the most iconic 80's images ever...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love Adam and the Ants! Mainly, the song Goody Two Shoes.
Ironically, the first Adam Ant solo single... even though some of them were accidentally issued as 'Adam and the Ants' by mistake.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home