iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What are you listening to right now? (Page 43)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midge Ure - If I Was
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Midge Ure - If I Was

Great track j2me,would love to see Ultravox or midge ure solo in concert!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Steppin' Out

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this awesome new finnish band called Shiraz Lane.
They released a 5-track mini-album last year and the debut full length will be released via Frontiers Records on April 15, 2016.

Rather young fellas but i just love their tunes and the singer smokes!

Here´s the new video Shiraz Lane - Wake Up

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

I haven't heard this in a long time.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Ennio Morricone - The Mission

Genius.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Classix Nouveaux - The Heart from The Start

[ 04. March 2016, 19:51: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinkman -Rupert Hines
" Life is a full time occupation "

Youtube

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Roxy Music - More Than This
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://youtu.be/rfvniO-DWZ8 - I Feel Like Buddy Holly by Alvin Stardust (who sadly passed away the year before last) from 1984,my parents had this on record when it first charted and I can remember listening to it over and over again. Great song!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On march 18th, the unthinkable happened.. Universal Music released a massive 14 disc Alex Harvey box-set !

-

Alex Harvey - The Last Of The Teenage Idols

The box set pretty much contains everything from 1963 up till Harvey's untimely death in february 1982,
including lots of stuff previously very hard to find and released for the first time on CD in this box.

Very expensive, but sooooooooooo worth it ! [Cool]

Check out The Last Of The Teenage Idols song from the SAHB period, and play it LOUD ! :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHfbutaaYcc

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This last week or two I've been listening a lot to Change by Tears For Fears from 1983 - https://youtu.be/BVa-3xmwTRA .

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Tears for Fears.

Its not music but at work I have listening to Match Game PM,a gameshow from the 70s. And also Jeopardy reruns.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I really love Tears For Fears and would love to have seen them in concert!

-

https://youtu.be/qYATcjvi0eE - If Anybody Had A Heart by John Waite as used in the great 1986 romantic drama About Last Night starring Rob Lowe and James Belushi.

Used only know John Waite for the hit song Missing You but he's done a fair few decent tracks over the years!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Waite is great. I own all The Babys discs, both Bad English cd´s and his 80s solo albums are good.
Especially Ignition rocks!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/-rbMt2-U7TU - Wow! I ain't heard this one in years - Downtown by One 2 Many from 1989,i'm sure I used to have this on 7" single or my brother used to own it.

I think that this was a bit of a one hit wonder for this group though I might be wrong!

[ 18. May 2016, 14:27: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
^ I don't remember that at all, YW.  -

-

Take it On The Run

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was watching Moonlightning season 2, episode 3 "Money Talks... Maddie Walks" and there it was

DeBarge - You Wear It Well

I love this tune! It was also in Miami Vice episode Bought and Paid For and in Facts of Life.

I hope that they will re-release the Rhythm of the Night (1985) album asap.

-

Btw, i love Moonlightning. Dana Delany was in episode 6 and she was smoking hot!

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to the greatest female singer/songwriter ever!

-
https://youtu.be/h1DDndY0FLI

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kate Bush is awesome!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Been listening to

-

https://youtu.be/DBm1MNb5xrA - Karla With A K by the Hooters

And

-

https://youtu.be/JIVYW977GVM - Love Somebody by Rick Springfield

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"Rachel's Song"

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home