iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Sam's 80's Metal band of the day: KROKUS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam's 80's Metal band of the day: KROKUS
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little more mainstream then my other bands and definitely more safe than yesterdays band is the Swiss rockers KROKUS Starting back in 1976 this band released approx 4-5 albums before they started to get noticed with the 1980 release Metal-Rendezvous

-

followed by the 1981 release Hardware

-

heres a pic of the band circa Hardware

-

then came the 1982 album One Vice at a Time

-

1983 brought out in my opinion and lot of other Krokus fans best album Headhunter

-

With the 1984 release of the Blitz came the bands most sucessful release along with their best known single in "Midnight Maniac"

-

heres a pic of the band rockin on stage circa The Blitz

-

After The Blitz the bands success began to dwindle as lot of their true die hard fans thought the band started to soften up to much as with a lot of metal bands in the 80's became to obsessed with trying to gain more commercial success by trying to write hit singles and losing focus on rocking.

The band is still around today and has relesed roughly 20 albums. The band has had way to numerous lineup changes to even begin to start listing them but mostly their biggest levels of success came with Marc Sorace on lead vocals.

For the first half of the 80's Krokus was one of the best metal bands around and even though they never quite made the A-List of metal they definitely were right on the brink of reaching that plateau but never quite got passd the B+-list.

Best songs by the band

Eat The Rich
Screaming In the Night
Long Stick Goes Boom
Smelly Nelly
Stayed Awake All Night
Tokyo Nights

I'm sure there's some of you who liked these Swiss metalheads.

[ 01. February 2005, 14:10: Message edited by: Sam Hain 666 ]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if it isn't the shapeshifting Krokus. Headhunter was okay, the only thing I really gravitated to was Eat the Rich, and mostly because the singer is so Udo-reminiscient.

And to be perfectly honest, the only reason I really like it was because I've heard the Fozzy (Chris Jericho) cover of it.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brode:
and mostly because the singer is so Udo-reminiscient.

I can Accept that.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only song I really like by them is SCREAMING IN THE NIGHT.

"I can ACCEPT that" Ar,ar!!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now one of us has to start the ACCEPT topic. I'll do it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

funny thing is yesterday I almost made Accept my band of the day but decided on Krokus at the last moment.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home