iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Name ONE hit you HATE from an artist you LOVE: (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Name ONE hit you HATE from an artist you LOVE:
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABC: When Smokey Sings

I really like ABC but When Smokey Sings was probably their biggest hit and I didn't like it THEN and I dont like it NOW.

The funny thing is I catch myself singing it sometimes and my daughter is always like :I thought you hated that song!"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I hate to admit I hate Vogue by MADONNA

I like "Vogue" alright, but I really can't stand the other hit she had off that album, "Hanky Panky". God, does that song suck.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah...that was TERRIBLE! As was the other song I'm Going Bananas. REALLY! What was she THINKING????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think those were hits based solely on her star power at the time and not the substance of the songs themselves. In 1990 she was at the height of her worldwide popularity and probably would have had a hit singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". As to why she chose to release them at all...that one's beyond me. She usually has a pretty keen eye for cutting edge production. The I'm Breathless album was an exampe of that failing her big time. Maybe she was too busy working on **** Tracy and running around with the likes of Warren Beatty and Vanilla Ice.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I dont know that those SONGS were hits...I think the album itself was a hit cuz people were buying it to get Vogue. Nowadays had that album came out people would have downloaded Vogue and NOT bought the album!

I think based on the "old-timeyness" of **** TRACY she was trying to tip her hat in what type of music she did ....which.....I dont know how to put this into words. Maybe it was ahead of its time? OR maybe just self-indulgent (like you say-sometimes these stars think they can fart in A minor and make a hit single out of it!) Somehow Christina Aguilera can pull off that '40s Swing stuff better than MADONNA could...but I think MADONNA likes to say she's tryed EVERYTHING. Cantw ait for her Heavy Metal album to come out! hahaha

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
"Hanky Panky" was actually a Top 10 hit in 1990.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Was it???? Well, shut my mouth!

Sidewalk Talk with MADONNA and JELLYBEAN was a terrible song too.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home