iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Favourite film from the trilogy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite film from the trilogy
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time for me here, I feel like Daniel San; but am I walking into Cobra Kai or Mr Miyagi’s place…who knows?

What was your favourite Karate Kid movie out of the trilogy (or quadrilogy if you count that nonsensical instalment with Hilary S****) mine has to be the original, I mean I don’t care you are or where you’re from around the world the crane kick or wax/on/wax off imitation is something everybody knows about.

‘KK2’ was alright but it just didn’t feel like a proper film, it was trying to be all art house which is fine, just not in a Karate Kid movie (and no Peter Siterra on the soundtrack, what’s all that about?) the only thing I remember about that film is that there was tea-making scene that went on for about 10mins with no dialogue, again, fine in an Akira Kurosawa movie, not so good in a Karate Kid flick.

I actually quite liked the much-derided ‘KK3’, if only for OTT villain Thomas Griffith (later to star in ‘John Carpenter’s Vampires’) and the fact that 28-year-old Ralph was still playing a teenager. I didn’t even watch all of ‘The Next Karate Kid’ I gave it about 40 mins before I began chewing my own spleen out of boredom.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Widya LaRusso
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2435

- posted      Profile for Widya LaRusso   Email Widya LaRusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favourite movie in the trilogy...will be KK1. because its the first and the sense is different. the tea-making scene was fine, i think. i dont know, kumiko looked sincere and loyal. i think that is the picture i get from the scene. but KK1 is still my fave. [Karate Kid]
Daniel is still young and a bit uncontroled.

Posts: 18 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be the only one here who feels this way,but part two is my favorite.I saw it first at about age five and I fell in love with it.I used to go around dressed in my mom's robe trying to look like Kumiko.I loved Daniel and still do.He is like my ideal guy.I thought part two was great because it showed a whole different culture and helped us to understand Mr.Miyagi better.It showed the history of his karate and without that none of the movies would have existed.I love the first as well.I don't really like part three,although it was tolerable simply because of Daniel and Miyagi.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands down, KK1 is the greatest...you know why? Two words. Elisabeth Shue. Man, she was too cute for words in that movie and is still hot to this day. I never found Kumiko or Jessica very attractive and didnt think either of them had half the chemistry with Daniel that Ali did. KK1 is not only my favorite KK movie but probably my favorite movie period...it brings back so many childhood memories for me as I'm sure it does for many of you guys. I just wish that Shue and Macchio and Morita still did big movies today so we could see what they were up to!
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7red7
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2473

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 7red7   Email 7red7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this site and the messageboards!!! [Smile]

(sorry, new here, just had to blurt that out)

My favorite KK flick would have to be the first one...I loved Johhny and the Cobra Kai's...Hell, I still have my Cobra Kai t-shirt, no joke!!!

I just think overall, there was more depth in the story, and seeing the relationship between Danial and Miyagi taking shape is what the story is about to me...KK2 and 3 were great, and lord knows what they were thinking with the 4th one, but yeah, KK1 is still supreme IMHO [Smile]

DAN

Posts: 23 | From: La Puente California | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BonziTree
Rewind Curious
Member # 2476

- posted      Profile for BonziTree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 1
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home