iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DVD
natjean
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for natjean   Email natjean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear 'Karate Kid' fans,

It has come to my attention that there has been a release of all 3 Karate Kid movies (not including the fourth) on dvd (2 disc set) and is the 'ultimate collector's pack' with special features such as an Interactive DVD-ROM game, weblinks, movie trailers, picture disc, and talent profiles. I was just wondering if anyone has this special collector's pack and if so, please share your opinion on it.

Bye for now,
Natalie, with an e.  -

[ 10. January 2004, 02:45: Message edited by: natjean ]

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Natalie,
First of all, I would just like to say "Welcome" Unfortunately I haven't been able to pick up this DVD collectors pack thing. I dont think that they have released it yet in America, so that really sucks. If you pick it up, be sure to tell us what you think of it. Hope you enjoy your time on this board.

Ryan

Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natjean
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for natjean   Email natjean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum [Smile] I'm sure I'll have a lovely time here. If you or anyone else for that matter would to like to look at a review for the disc set, by all means feel free to check out the following website:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/220664

Well there you go and I hope catch you all some other time [Smile]

Bye for now,
Natalie, with an e.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Natalie (that's a wonderful name! My wife's name is also Natalie ;-),

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I thought I'd bring you up to speed a bit on what we know so far.

Last year, I began a petition drive (you can sign it here) attempting to persuade Columbia/TriStar pictures to rerelease The Karate Kid in theaters, in celebraiton of its 20th anniversary (this year). In addition, I wrote a letter asking for this, as well as a remastered boxed set of the films. I receieved a letter from them, indicating that they were working on just such a DVD set. Whether this new set will simply be a repackaged version of the set that's available in Australia and the UK, I don't know. However, either way, it's got to be better than the low-quality KK-stuff that's available in the US right now.

If I hear more from Columbia/TriStar, I'll certainly post the news right away. Be sure to sign that petition, though! It's got nearly 2,500 signatures thus far, and has received radio coverage in Canada, and web coverage on ESPN.com.

Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natjean
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2258

Rate Member
Dear BillyZabka,

Thanks for the lovely compliment and for the link to the petition [Smile] I've signed it and left a comment for the Karate Kid fans to read. I went to a cd shop the other day and I was sooo excited when I found the Karate Kid dvd set. It looks the same as the picture I posted in my first message and I really hope I can get it soon and share my opinion on this message board. I hope that the set comes out in the US for all the Karate Kid fans out there [Smile] and then we can all discuss it. Well I hope to talk to you all some other time and have a lovely time on the board.

Bye for now,
Natalie, with an e.

Van-Eyes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2337

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Van-Eyes   Author's Homepage   Email Van-Eyes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all.....

Yeah I got that DVD - and its god damn good !!

As I don't have it on me right now, I can't remember exactly what extras are on it. I think a brief behind the scenes & talent profiles.

But I do know that in order to play the games on the DVD (such as 'Catch the fly') you have to have a DVD player on your PC....IT DOES NOT WORK ON APPLE COMPUTERS !!!!! [Frown]

Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, OZ | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home