iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 56)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 56 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of The Omen remake, shot for shot pointlessness. Same film, lesser actors.
Posts: 3803 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It - I've watched and enjoyed this so many times, but I think this is the most I've ever gotten out of it. Maybe it's as I'm getting old now but this is the first time I haven't had a massive preference for the first part where it is predominantly the kids. I liked both halves equally. I didn't even mind the spider as much which is the bit that has always made me cringe in the past. I enjoyed the drama and friendship aspects of the film more than the horror on this viewing. I kept welling up through the good and the bad. Losers club ftw!
Posts: 3803 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Exit to Eden (1994)

"Elliot is going to the island of Eden to live out his submissive fantasies, but inadvertently photographs diamond smugglers at work.
Smugglers, and detectives, follow him to the island, where they try to retrieve the film.
Elliot begins falling in love with Lisa, the head mistress of the island, and Lisa must evaluate her feelings about Elliot and her own motivations." (IMDb)

Mediocre Garry Marshall film loosely based on Anne Rice novel.
Rosie O`Donnell and Dan Aykroy are cops, Paul Mercurio is the photographer and Dana Delany is the head mistress.

Mostly lame jokes here and the film isn´t really that daring in the end but if you want to see Delany and Stephanie Niznik in a full-frontal nude scene check it out.

Posts: 6984 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rewatched Nothing But Trouble (1991) and this is a such a crazy film you can´t help but like it.
Dan Aykroyd is firing on all cylinders, Chevy Chase is cool and funny plus John Candy gives nice backbeat.

But beware, the humour is gross at times and there´s some horror overtones so it´s not for everyone.

Posts: 6984 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I love that cover!
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing But Trouble became a favorite of mine back when they used to show it a lot back in the day on the movie channels. Great pick! [Cool]
Posts: 1725 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Nothing But Trouble so one i definitely need to check out,I watched this over the last two evenings -

-

I'd never seen this before and found it to be really enjoyable,great cast and I loved Hanks as the often inebriated coach and also female leads Geena Davis,Lori Petty,Rossie O'Donnell and Madonna were all excellent.

Superbly directed by Penny Marshall (Big) who must have had her hands full with such a large female cast as you know what it's like when you get a large group of women together (chaos)
[Big Grin] and here she balances the film perfectly with it one minute tugging at your heart strings and the next minute you'll be laughing out loud with a good bit of humour it's a certainty a crowd pleaser and I only wished I'd seen it when it first came out though never mind better late than never!

8/10.

https://youtu.be/WcN392H2jx0 - A League Of There Own trailer (1992).

https://youtu.be/6WdzR2VKa8A - This Used To Be My Playground by Madonna as featured on the soundtrack of A League Of There Own.

P.S - Sorry about the size of my images in comparison with others on here but not quite worked out how to slightly crop them yet on the new image hosting site that I'm currently using!

[ 04. September 2017, 07:59: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3271 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A League of Their Own really is a feel-good film. Sure, the real Hall of Famer Jimmie Foxx didn't look like Tom Hanks, but he was a big-hearted alcoholic. I think Hanks captured his spirit. And while I don't think that they needed the bookending segments, the Madonna song, one of her best, does tug at the heartstrings. Good film!
Posts: 2029 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sweet Justice (1992)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105507/

"The Army rejected six girls for active combat, but they end up terminating with extreme prejudice an army of lawless men, to avenge a brutal murder that otherwise would go down as an accident." (IMDb)

Haha, this was a stupid but fun low budget action flick starring Finn Carter, Marc Singer, Frank Gorshin, Kathleen Kinmont, Catherine Hickland and Mickey Rooney.

Clumsy martial arts, hilarious shootouts, a training montage, some skin and the final fight is pure wtf material.
Imperial Entertainment, i salute you [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
OK, aTomiK, your assignment is to watch the re-edit of Raising Cain that's up on YouTube that puts the movie back to the way DePalma originally intended before he re-arranged it right before release and tell me which one you think is better. (Trust me, it's an interesting experience. The films have totally different feels.) [Smile]

Watched Raising Cain re-cut and while it´s an interesting version i still prefer the original theatrical cut.
Maybe because it´s the version i´ve always used to watch and more familiar to me but that´s the way it is.

It was fun and strange to see most Lolita Davidovich scenes during the first 25 minutes or so.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a huge fan of Raising Cain, but it was interesting to see the way it was originally intended. I wish I liked it more, but it comes off as just a collection of "DePalma's greatest hits."
Posts: 2029 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Kathy is married to Peter. Now she can't help but wonder how things could have been if she got together with her old boyfriend, Tom. Being married prevents from doing that so she asks her friend, Emily to go to him and see if she can sleep with him then tell Kathy how it was. When Emily tells Kathy that things were awesome, their friendship suffers, at the same so does Kathy's marriage. Things get even more complicated when Emily learns she's pregnant, and she's not certain if it's Tom's or her boyfriend, Elliot.- from IMDb

1994 romantic comedy from director Donald Petrie (Grumpy Old Men) which features nothing overly exciting happening throughout its 93 minutes running time and on the comedy side of things it was more chuckles than anything but still I found this to be rather enjoyable with a really game cast featuring some future big hitters well one in particular anyway and that is a young Brad Pitt who along with Bill Pullman and to a lesser degree Ken Wahl (because he has less screen time) really help to make this movie work!

Can't take away from the female leads Harley Jane Kozak and Elizabeth McGovern as they were equally great and in a miniscule part I noticed the beautiful Kim Walker (Heather's) who sadly passed away 7 years after this flick was shot at the age of 31 from a brain tumor.

Certainly not great but a fun enough 90 odd minutes or so and would make for ideal Sunday afternoon viewing at the end of a busy week when you don't want something too taxing on the brain to watch!

https://youtu.be/1_isvjR48Tk - The Favor aka The Favour trailer (1994).

https://youtu.be/0rr_5av42D0 - Intro dream sequence to The Favor aka The Favour (1994).

Posts: 3271 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Stranger (1995)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111299/

"A female biker rides into a desert town to seek revenge on "Angel" and his ruthless gang of violent bikers."

This was entertaining High Plains Drifter remake directed by Fritz Kiersch. 80s kick boxing star Kathy Long plays the mysterious stranger and kicks some butt.

Cool low-budget 90s actioner.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Undercurrent (1998)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145551/

"A nightclub manager with financial problems accepts an offer to seduce another man's wife for money, and soon finds himself entwined in a web of double-crossing con artists." (IMDb)

Undercurrent is a solid Lorenzo Lamas vehicle shot in Puerto Rico.
I liked the story and Lamas gives a good performance. All in all, a nice late night thriller.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enemy of the State (1998)
Cruel Intentions (1999)
Jury Duty (1995)
Blank Check (1994)
The Hot Spot (1990)
A Simple Plan (1998)
Heavyweights (1995)
With Honors (1994)
Innocent Blood (1992)

Posts: 3578 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Night of the Running Man (1995)

"A Las Vegas cab driver finds a million dollars of stolen money in his cab after his fare is murdered. Soon after, a ruthless hitman is in persuit;
he will stop at nothing to recover the money and dispose of all witnesses." (IMDb)

I like the premise here but the screenplay pretty much sucks. This must be the worst Mark L. Lester film i´ve seen so far.
Starring Andrew McCarthy, Scott Glenn, Janet Gunn and John Glover.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Watched Night Of The Running Man years back Atomik and my memories of it are too vague to give an honest opinion but the film doesn't sound to promising going by your experience!

-
Latest Rental.

Lila a college student discovers a latent ability to see into the past. When a professor hires her for some psychological tests she becomes the target of the killer of the woman she sees in her dreams - from IMDb.

If you can get past the daft plot this is actually a pretty decent erotic thriller with Eric Roberts and the beautiful Kari Wuhrer plus you have quite a strong supporting cast including Ron Perlman,Paul Let Mat (American Graffiti) and Ed Begley Jr.

Decent twist ending also which had me fooled and like I mentioned a daft but quite gripping plot I'd say that this is an above average mid 90s DTV Erotic Thriller and one that is certainly worth spending time with! 7/10.

https://youtu.be/lkUE5x17NeU - Sensation trailer (1994).

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Love Kari Wuhrer but i haven´t seen Sensation yet.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I reckon you'd probably like it Atomik as it's got an entertaining plot and Wuhrer's a none too bad actress (well going by this anyway) plus she's great to look at as well and that's not forgetting you also have the awesome Eric Roberts and Ron Perlman starring here as well!
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Welcome To Woop Woop (1997)

Offbeat, surreal tale of a young American con man cruising the Australian outback. He hooks up with a local girl
he picks up in the desert, unwittingly gets married after being drugged, and ends up stuck in a ghosttown called
Woop Woop, that can´t be found on any map, and where the inhabitants get drunk and make dogfood out of
dead kangaroos during the day and watch classic musicals at night (while getting even more drunk).
Oh, and anyone who tries to escape gets shot. And then there's something about a giant, mythical red kangaroo..

Strange, UK / Australian co-production hasn't got a single sane character in it. Cult-potential and playful cast though.

From the director of The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert (1994)

Posts: 2027 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Welcome to Woop Woop, Johnny but if you´re familiar with Elliott´s first film Frauds (1993) you should know that anything is possible when it comes to this director [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

The only thing James wants is to remain away from Scotland. One day, however, he receives a fax, a printout of an unknown person's obituary. The next day, he is charged and arrested for the murder of this person - from IMDb.

Gloomy 1998 serial killer flick set in Glasgow and starring Charlie Sheen (or Charles Sheen as he liked to be known back then) this for me was a slightly overlong thriller from Cyborg director Albert Pyun which offered nothing very memorable other than some great shots of the at times stunning Scottish countryside plus also Sheen's character of who'm here i'd say spent about 99% of his on screen time totally wasted and the the other 1% sober it at times made you feel like you were actually witnessing the actor in his real life current state!

Maybe being a little bit over harsh with this one as it wasn't a bad movie but it does drag at times and i don't think it was helped any by one of the worst DVD transfers that I've seen in a long while from budget UK distributor Prism Entertainment.

6/10

https://youtu.be/lTsU786NfP4 - Postmortem 1998 Spanish (couldnt find the English language speaking one) trailer

[ 20. November 2017, 01:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ronin (1998)

Flimsy plot is compensated for by excellent all-star cast, including Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno, Stellan Skarsgard,
Natascha McElhone, Sean Bean, Michael Lonsdale, and Jonathan Pryce.

Veteran filmmaker John Frankenheimer returns to a French setting after having shot French Connection II there
some twenty odd years before. Spectacular car chase scenes are among the best ever committed to film.

Posts: 2027 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 56 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home