iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fire with Fire (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fire with Fire
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS: Renee Varo-lead singer for Jinx and then Wild Blue-whose album titled "No More Jinx" featured the song "Fire with Fire" is now the lead singer of the band Love Kill Me. "No More Jinx" can be found on CD-I think as of 2009. Got it of course ;-)
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Wild Blue version of "Fire With Fire" on my ipod.

My fav tune from the movie is John Waite's "If Anybody Had A Heart"..

Oh and how many times have you watched "Friday The 13th: The New Beginning" in tribute to FWF?

Or Cliff jumping?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I've done either Valley-I have been on somewhat of a mission to watch all Craig Sheffer's movies though. Ones I've recently seen are "That Was Then This is Now", "Flypaper" and "The Voyage of the Rock Aliens".
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are your thoughts on those movies, Bam?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
'TWTTHIN'-It's been years since reading SE Hinton's books-the scene with the rain on the window looks like Mark's tears was captured really well and Craig's character was well played.

'Flypaper'-love those crazy anything goes movies!

'TVOTRA'-I do like this type of movie-(Xanadu for example),this one had great hair and clothes, not a fan of the lip syncing though :/ at least I found it at a good price.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have the song "I'm In It For Love" from this movie?!?! I needs that!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, quotable dialogue: "I can feel your heart. I can feel your hair. You're so incredible." I wish those lines worked outside of this movie! Simple, direct, and to the point... You had me at "Fire With Fire," a real 80s guilty pleasure. Dig it! (Query: On what planet is a Catholic girls' school located right next to a prison camp? Inquiring minds want to know!) Trivia: The Brit director, Duncan Gibbins, who went on to do another huge guilty pleasure of mine, "Eve of Destruction" (Gregory Hines vs. Dutch super-model robot with nuclear bomb in stomach), escaped from his burning home during the California wildfires but went back to rescue his cat. He didn't make it, but the cat did.

[ 14. April 2010, 22:06: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Does anyone have the song "I'm In It For Love" from this movie?!?! I needs that!!

The original version of this song by James House is one of the toughest soundtrack songs to find. I did manage to track it down from someone online a while back. It's not the greatest quality(96 bitrate), but it will have to do until I find a better track! PM me if interested.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Or Cliff jumping?

I believe that the cliff shots used in this movie are the same ones used in First Blood.... located in Canada I think.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
So, I'm watching this now and am struck once again by that dinosaur of a reel to reel tape player at the dance! [Razz]
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the dance scene in this movie! But I do feel weird when Bit By Bit comes on, because I strongly associate it with Fletch. It just doesn't seem right.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
It is a strange soundtrack-Slave to Love was also featured in 9 1/2 Weeks. Probably one of the reasons a soundtrack album was never released for this movie.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always like "Slave to Love." (And this move...and "9 1/2 Weeks"...and Roxy Music. :-))
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
It is a strange soundtrack-Slave to Love was also featured in 9 1/2 Weeks. Probably one of the reasons a soundtrack album was never released for this movie.

"Bit By Bit". I always thought it was odd that the theme from 'Fletch' was in the movie. Then again, why wouldn't they dance to contemporary hits? It was kind of realistic.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This needs to be released on DVD...Such a good movie. Probably one of Virgnia Madison's best roles ever.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Love Virginia Madsen. She's great in this one, and, of course, has two of the greatest scenes of all time in "The Hot Spot" and "Creator."
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home