iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween 3 Season of the Witch was great (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halloween 3 Season of the Witch was great
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HHhmmm...Terrible movie...Hhhm....Ummm I'm just gonna scamper on over to one of the other threads before someone notices me and shoots me down. ...I think Helen saw me..quick...

-

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get back here  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOVING THE EMOTICONS!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It makes things a bit more humorous, doesn't it. I got the idea from Helen.
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy, happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Happy, happy Halloween, Silver Shamrock!
That tune drives you so crazy , and they repeat it about 50 times in the movie.
It's a fun campy movie though.

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Halloween 3! It was originally John Carpenter's intentions to get away from Michael Meyers and start a series of horror movies all related to the Halloween holiday, with Season of the Witch being the first (and sadly, last) of this series. I'm not sure whether it was his idea or Universal's to call it Halloween 3, but it was definitely a huge mistake to market it as such. It killed whatever chances Season of the Witch had of being a box office hit.

Almost thirty years later, it's nice to see that the movie has gotten a much better reputation. Tom Atkins does an awesome job as usual, Dan O'Herlihy relishes the sliminess of his character's role well, and Stacey Nelkin is a real treat. I never quite understood why Dr. Challis and Ellie hooked up. It seemed like a last-minuted plot addition without any build-up. They were fine as a hero-heroine team, but the romance between the characters seemed like a rush job. Overall, SOTW is a fine movie and doesn't deserve the critical beating it's taken.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home