iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Deadly Blessing (1981)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deadly Blessing (1981)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Strange murders occur in an Amish community.
Three young girls from the city, staying at a nearby farm,
are besieged by the unseen perpetrator as well.
The mad ringleader of the Amish "Hittites" (Ernest Borgnine) accuses the "incubus" as being responsible."
(Wikipedia)

This was a great movie!
Early 80s atmospheric horror at it´s best.

Directed by Wes Craven and starring Maren Jensen (Battlestar Galactica), Sharon Stone, Susan Buckner,
Jeff East (Up the Creek, Pumpkinhead), Lisa Hartman (Where the Boys Are '84), Ernest Borgnine
and Craven favorite Michael Berryman.
Cool cast and all the girls were soooo pretty.

Beautiful Susan Buckner
 -

Sharon "hot hot hot" Stone and Maren Jensen
 -

Ernest Borgnine giving the evil eye
 -

I liked the Lockhart, Texas locations but this sure ain´t Little House on the Prairie.

Spiders, snakes, ghosts, crazy hittites and the evil Incubus!
It´s all here.

Highly Recommended!

Deadly Blessing trailer

[ 15. February 2012, 04:11: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the cover art Atomik!

I laughed so hard with your Borgnine giving the evil eye. hahaha

I'll check it out for sure.....I love thrillers!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lockhart?

thats only a 20 minute drive from me!

if I watched this I might have to move.

I think this used to come on TBS a lot, and I saw parts of it.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny, aTomiK because, as much as I like most of Wes Craven's films, I always seem to forget about "Deadly Blessing" as part of his filmography. I haven't seen it in decades, but as I recall, while a good-looking movie--locations and female eye-candy--it's second-tier Craven, below "The Hills Have Eyes,""Nightmare on Elm Street," "The Serpent and the Rainbow," and "Scream," but well above his weak stuff like "Shocker," "The Hills Have Eyes, Part 2," "Deadly Friend," and those TV movies that he did back in the day.

And I think Texas is a pretty scary place anyway--even without Ernest Borgnine. :-)

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching Wes craven's deadly blessing,first time I've watched it in a few year,it's a great 80s horror with a very creepy atmosphere.

I thought The scene with the snake in the bath was well freaky,especially considering I've got a bit of a phobia towards snakes as was the spider landing in Sharon stone's mouth.

Sharon stone looks really great in what was one of her earliest film roles,Michael berry man is suitably creepy as the man child William as is Ernest borgnine as the leader of the local religious sect known as the Hittites.

I agree with atomik and Highly recommended it to all horror fans.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home