iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my favorite video on youtube though! I could watch it a hundred times in a row. Didn't like the outcome of the game....but oh the intensity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s&feature=related

| Site Updates: IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
Totally forgot to add what I was trying to say! ooppss anyways I never saw the first vid. When was that from?

Absolutly saw the second!! It is a classic.

That clip was from a Rangers/Avs game way back in November of 1997. I guess you were too young back then. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

Too young my butt! I am older than I look I promise! I was actually at the wings avs brawl of 97 thanks. I dont remember Roy doing that though. I was 15 then. Must have had a swim meet that night or something. I only missed a game to compete myself.
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Too young my butt! I am older than I look I promise! I was actually at the wings avs brawl of 97 thanks. I dont remember Roy doing that though. I was 15 then. Must have had a swim meet that night or something. I only missed a game to compete myself.

Love the passion EleanorJune. I was half kidding as I always do. I did think that you were younger than 26 though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know if this has been posted, but has anyone seen the hit by doug weight on brandon sutter? oofa.

hit was clean too. this was some welcome to the nhl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhepQWlvQKs

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild now have a record of 6-0-1 with their 3-2 victory tonight over the Black Hawks. Backstrom gets another victory between the pipes and Koivu gets three more assists.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I remember that hit xchazx. A warm welcome indeed.

I had my eye on your game Sammy. They keep on rolling as do I, granted I was playing a farm team tonight....they did what they were supposed to do.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The younger Koivu is making a splash in the scoring race with another 3 assists. The Rangers had no trouble with the Isles, what a sorry franchise. Are the Oilers going to wear those retro uniforms all year? They really look great with the bold orange. What's everyone's favorite uniform around the league? I've always been a fan of the white home Chicago jersey. I like the retro white and green Vancouver one too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

I know you were kidding 80's rocked. I still get carded at the bar, at R movies, it get's old. I just like to think that in a few years I can be a cougar. That's what keeps me going!

I like most any of the retro jerseys. I agree about the Vancouver white and green. I ended up turning off the Rangers/Islanders game last night.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still got a ways ago to be a cougar, maybe in the interim a Florida Panther? LOL.

Tonight Habs vs. Hurricanes. Got to be ready for Staal and the boys.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I know you were kidding 80's rocked. I still get carded at the bar, at R movies, it get's old.

Hey....I am 35 and still get carded sometimes for booze. I even got carded for cigarettes a couple of days ago. I love it....it makes me feel young.
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

I wouldn't mind it so much if some people didn't act like I was trying to pull one over. They look at me, look at my ID look at me, scratch my ID with their fingernail like it's fake. I also work at a University, so whenever I go around town here, people assume I am like a freshman with my sister's ID.

Anyone plan on watching the Col and Cgy tonight?

| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be flipping back and fourth through all the hockey games
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Habs were lucky to win tonight in shootout, they didn't play so good. Sammy, the big test will be against your Wild on Thursday. Should be a humdinger.

The Flyers destroyed some team tonight 7-0. Damn.

The Capitals are winning but suprisingly scoring champ Ovechkin isn't on the score sheet. Bizarre.

Some real hockey weather tonight, I'm looking out my window and yes, there's SNOW! Not even Halloween yet.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The last couple minutes of the overtime period in the Habs game was pretty exciting. Habs had the powerplay but couldn't knock her home. wasn't from lack of effort on their part. Tonight was one of those rare occasions on the Center Ice package where we got the French broadcast of Les Canadienes instead of the English broadcast.
EleanorJune
unregistered

I can't even talk about the Flames/Avs game....I usually lay between my gigantic dogs...no really huge dogs. 120lbs and 80 lbs. They got tired of me yelling and throwing my fists around. I even had a bowl of popcorn and they left the room. (bit of a temper) I taped the Habs game....I will catch up on that today, not much going on at work.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't wait for the devils game tonight. we have injuries to three of our regulars so the devils are bringing up two prospects to play tonight and i can't wait to see them play. hopefully they gel quickly or are at least given a chance to gel so i can see less of rupp and clarkson once the devils get healthy again.

eleanor, my wife won't allow me to watch the games with my kids around, well at least my 4yr old, because somehow he picks up words he shouldn't be saying when he watches them with me. same with giants football games. it's all good though, i'd rather watch the games alone anyway. that way i can suffer in peace.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

I was suffering last night. My daughter usually goes to bed around 7 so I never have to worry about her catching my words. I have once woken her up with my rants. It is just Ella and I, so I usually watch games alone. Or on speaker phone with one of my brothers.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Kiprusoff all of a sudden has settled down, shutting down the high scoring Avs was no small task. With the exception of the Flyers-Thrashers game, anyone notice scoring has been down of late? A bunch of shutouts and low scoring affairs. The Penguins had 11 shots on net yesterday. Is this a trap comeback?
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
lots of teams have always played the trap, the devils just seemed to have been the team that took the most heat for it.

some pens fans on another board i frequent said the sharks looked like the wild last night. i'm guessing it had something to do with the trap.

and goalies need to have their pads smaller. there are too many michelin man looking goalies out there.

and also, players are bigger and quicker which makes the ice surface seem smaller. there's lots of factors. but it's only october, so maybe it's just a case of offenses developing slower than defenses.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Must have been quite a bit of swearing tonight. That was a crazy game xchazx....and MN finally lost as well.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yup Minnesota suffered their first regulation loss of the season. Dallas jumped on them early scoring eighteen seconds into the game and put up a three spot by the end of the first. Minnesota also gave up their first power play goal of the season.

Wild and Habs should be a great game tomorrow night in St. Paul

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Great game tonight between two of the Western Confrences heavyweights as Anaheim defeats the Red Wings 5-4 in OT.

Talking about the stars stepping it up

*The Wings got two goals apiece out of their snipers Datsyuk and Zetterberg

*The Ducks got a hat trick out of Selanne all on the power play

*Getzlaf of the Ducks had a helper on all five Anaheim goals

So who scores the game winner? Beauchemin LOL

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
In the Habs-Ducks game last week, I noticed that Scott Niedermeyer started to step it up. Him and Selanne being there at the start of the season this year makes a big difference from last year. They looked good last night, should serve notice around the league.

Tonight's Habs-Wild game should be great, it's Koivu vs. Koivu.....

Couldn't believe the Leafs won against NJ. Aren't they rebuilding?

EleanorJune
unregistered

Caught the tail end of the Ana Det game. I Loved it! So excited I knocked over my chinese takeout.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home