iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Please Post!! Show why the Rewind is a special place (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please Post!! Show why the Rewind is a special place
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post in quite a few months, I have no excuse for being away but it sure is nice to be back!!

I found the Rewind in 2004 when I was searching for the name of an 80's sitcom, which turned out to be "Out of this world". I've made some wonderful friends here and for a time this was my refuge from the world; posting here played an important part in saving my sanity several times.

I haven't been so involved over the last few years due to some unpleasantness between a good friend and another member; it tarnished the Rewind for me and I haven't found it as enjoyable.

However! Most people here are wonderful and I'm friends with many on Facebook. It's a shame I love so far away, down at the **** end of the earth, so it makes it hard, for example, to pop around to Valley's place for a coffee, or drop in to Paul's place for a jam session!!

I should also add that the Rewind has seen me through many new phases and big changes in my life - from adult student to full time employment, to unemployment to poverty and back to full time employment. From singlehood to coupledom, and from deep in the closet to finally being myself.

[ 13. July 2011, 04:55: Message edited by: Stitch Groover ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great posting Stitch! Glad you still check in from time to time.

And 80'sRocked.. time for you to start posting more again.

pettyfan.. at least you didn't listen too closely to the song from the guy representing your name. Uh.. whatever that means. ha

Paul.. your story would have been way cooler if you had been searching for "Some Kind of Wonderful" that day .. and in a way you found it. I'm sure you were thinking about it though.. so that counts!

Kash.. did you get a new computer yet? Or are you still trying to beat Ice and Slider by yourself at volleyball since I left?

Kev.. I've really been enjoying your postings! Wanna watch NotC?

aTomiK.. you need to take another pic of you in front of your movie collection.. because I'm guessing it has doubled since the last one you had on your profile.

pyro.. you have such great input and thanks for all your help with the DJ threads!

Mots.. thanks for the 'etc'.. ha. Glad you still stop by when you find the time.

Crash.. I can't remember exactly.. but from what you posted.. it sounds like I recommended The Rewind to you.

Helen.. I was wondering why most of your postings were short.. I understand now that I know it is hard for you to be away from The Karate Kid messageboard for more than a few minutes.

amaranth.. have you convince your daughter to join The Rewind yet?

Duckie.. please let Earth Angel out of your trunk when you get a chance.. we miss her posting about BTTF and how she is spreading her appreciation of the 80's to a younger generation.

Muffs.. I appreciate all the cool threads and postings throughout the years! The ones about me were the best, but I liked some of the other ones too. [Big Grin]

Ronnie.. It took me close to 9 years to convince you to move "Valley Girl" to #1 in front of "Aliens" on your profile. Now, my goal is to make sure you always want to keep it there. [Cool]

Seriously everyone.. there will always be ups and downs in life, but if you let your passion for the 80's guide you.. things will usually work out in an amazing way. [Smile]

[ 13. July 2011, 07:33: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its good to talk with fellow fans of your favorite films.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch!! it' nice to hear from you......I love when you're around! [Smile]

oh Valley Valley......you only "hear" that i'm talking about you.....oh Valley (shaking my head) lol

I think Ronnie told me her ultimate favorite movie is still Aliens? i'm pretty sure of it? hahaha

What would we all do without the Rewind? eh?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Stitch! Valley...you're the bestest! I love the Rewind so much that when I occasionally dream of winning the lotto, I always envision fronting the cost for a Rewind weekend reunion.....airfare and accommodations paid for all. 80's movie marathons with guest appearances by Ralph Macchio, Michael J Fox, Molly Ringwald, Phobe Cates...and a handful more! You're all invited!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Welcome back Stitch! Valley...you're the bestest! I love the Rewind so much that when I occasionally dream of winning the lotto, I always envision fronting the cost for a Rewind weekend reunion.....airfare and accommodations paid for all. 80's movie marathons with guest appearances by Ralph Macchio, Michael J Fox, Molly Ringwald, Phobe Cates...and a handful more! You're all invited!!

^Like^
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:

Crash.. I can't remember exactly.. but from what you posted.. it sounds like I recommended The Rewind to you.

Almost. I think it was your alter ego. Or someone shorter. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean he was just a wittle man?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GP, also the name of that Wayans brothers' film, "Little Man." [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is a very special place. It's like a home town....sometimes you move away and don't visit for a while, but you're always drawn back and when you are your heart and mind are treated to a flurry of nostalgia. Not only for the films and music of a decade passed, but by the people who you met whilst experiencing that feeling. The people who made you mad, laugh, smile and in some cases love. Yeah....this place is some kind of wonderful!
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe I didn't see this thread before!

I should check my profile but I believe I found this site in 2006. Wow, can't believe it's been that long!

I believe I found this site while trying to find more 80's films that I forgot about. Because I was born in 80, I had seen a lot of these movies, but didn't remember them that well. After college I found myself craving the movies from my childhood. Glad I found this place!

I usually check this once a day, but do go for spells where I'll miss a week or two (not too often). It's such a cozy place! Sure I've seen some arguments on here but usually message boards are full of people trying to stir things up, that's simply not the case here. People here truly just want to have fun. It's evident that there is love for the site and for all the people who come across it.

It's like the field of dreams...."if you build it, people will come." Many have come, many have gone, but no matter who is here, it still has a great vibe.

Speaking of that, we should try to reach out to some of the people who were regulars and see if they are still around! I do miss some of the old posters and am always curious what has pulled them away (probably just life).

Thanks everyone for making this a great place.

GG

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - I have been a member for 6 years now - Love it hear - and I have met so many cool people!!
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I remember Nick telling the story about how the site came to be.. always thought that it was a very cool story too.

For those interested, the story is HERE....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home