iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Dancing With The Stars 2011 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars 2011
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph Macchio easily moved into the final five contestants on Dancing With The Stars.

The judges still seem to be smitten with Hines Ward.. so he has moved into the favorite role in my opinion.

Personally, I feel like Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas are the most creative and actual the best on the floor, but Chelsea clearly doesn't have the fans vote since she's been on the hotseat twice.

And lil Romeo had a bad week and the judges are starting pick apart his lack of technical skills now that the competition is getting tight.

Anyway.. Veronica will not be happy with this, but voted out this week were:

Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to say that Kendra was a good sport about being voted off.

one thing i notice about DWTS, is that these 'stars' must really invest their emotions and their lives into the show. it looks like it takes a lot of dedication and all of them tend to experience frustration with it, but it seems to be a journey they all come to love and appreciate. you can tell by the way they come across after being voted off.

valley - i agree with you on Hines. he can do no wrong..

i'm glad Ralph is hanging in there haha. and i'm loving the hairstyle they've given him! hope he can stay strong and keep going.

chelsea and mark are too cute, they look great together and dance great too. i agree she might not have the huge following but i think mark's amazing creativity is coming in hand. he's awesome.

maks and kirsty haha.. she's so funny, her and maks are definitely getting points for being fun. maks might be getting votes for other reasons, too haha.

i think 'lil' Romeo does ok, and i think you're right valley, he needs to step it up now, at this stage of the competition.

did you hear that michael bolton is going to perform next week? haha

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww Valley, yeah I was none too thrilled by Kendra's departure but I think she was ready to go home, even though I thought she did a really good job this past week.

My pick to win would be Chelsea. Her performances are always fun to watch and she is the most consistent of all the contestants.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so it looks like Ralph might be ousted tonight.. he got the lowest scores and we'll see if the votes keep him alive, but i don't know. [Frown] i felt bad about the injury but his effort was awesome.

i'm loving Maks and Kirstie! i think she's safe, for sure.

Romeo and Chelsea might be in trouble? but i loved his waltz and the Britney song they danced to.

Hines and Kim are still getting super high scores and i don't see the "wow" factor in their dances but it seems to impress the judges every week. plus, Steeler nation is helping them out, as well.

Mark and Chelsea...always great and they might win, if they can out do Hines.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph is in trouble .. he will need the fact that most of his fans still have a 'major' crush on him to save from elimination.

Hines walks on water according to the judges??

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Are you serious? That was sad ..
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
wait a second..

Daniel Larusso's gonna dance?

Ralph Macchio survives to the semi-finals!

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually watched a bunch this week....i'm glad Ralph is still in it........but who is putting eyeyliner on the dude??!! c'mon
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Voted out last night:

Lil' Romeo and Chelsie Hightower

I wasn't joking above.. I was a bit sad last night.. because lil Romeo grew up a ton on the show and you could tell that dancing together had caused him to develop a 'crush' of sorts on Chelsie. Totally enjoyed the comment about still being able to dance together even though they were voted off.

But Ralph surviving is turning into the 'All Valley Karate Tournament' all over again. Keep fighting Danielson! [Cool]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The semi-finals are next week on DWTS and both Kristie Alley and Ralph Macchio are still in the competition.  However, I'm majorly concerned about Ralph's injury and the pains he is battling.. with three dances next week .. will he be able to work in enough practice time to stay in the competition?  

-

But the real question is which Rewinder is going to win the coveted Tony Manero 'Staying Alive' DWTS mirror ball?  

Here is who is still in the running:

Coop424 - Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Ronnie - Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff

Paul - Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas

Devo - Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

And here's a little inspiration for everyone:

Tony Manero

[Big Grin]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Did everyone get a chance to see this:

Ralph Macchio on Lopez Tonight

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I actually watched a bunch this week....i'm glad Ralph is still in it........but who is putting eyeyliner on the dude??!! c'mon

aww Muffy, what's wrong with a little guy-liner and man-scara haha.. i love makeup!

btw, great pic, Val... that was for me, right? [Big Grin]

so Ralph survives. but i still think it's between Hines and Chelsea to win.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

btw Valley, thanks for sharing the clip. Not a fan of the Lopez show...please...i hope not, on the crane move. [Frown]

love the music at the end!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well.. Ralph Macchio needs the fans votes more than ever. He is not a darling of the judges in the least. Overall, it might be time for Ralph to go home.. but it is cliser than the judges give him credit for.

The underdog spirit of The Karate Kid lives on! [Cool]

In my opinion.. Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas are the best on the floor.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Valley, do you think Kirsty's dances are better than Ralph's?

i think it should be either Kirstie or Ralph to go home.

i still think Chelsea has the best chance of winning it all but i also think Hines has the following to beat her too. and while i think Chelsea is the better dancer over Hines.. she's not as good as Jennifer Grey. sorry, i know that comparison shouldn't even be there haha..

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, last night was a sad night for me.

Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff were voted off and what hurt most was how crushing it appeared to be to Ralph. [Frown]

I don't think Ralph was the best dancer and quite possibly deserved to go home.. but the treatment he received from the judges just left me feeling almost bitter about DWTS. No way Kristie should have been 6pts ahead of Ralph heading into the fan vote.

I'll be surprised if Hines Ward and Kym Johnson don't win.. but I still think Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas are the best.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Ralph's fans would carry him further. A great dancer, maybe not the best, but again ,figured his fame would push him through til the end.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kev .. I hoped so too.. but I don't quite understand the fan votes and how that all works. I think the issue was that they also set it up this year so that the fan vote was minimized a bit with the 15 extra bonus points etc.

It was still fun to watch!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
So last night was a letdown of a DWTS finale in my opinion. It was already disappointing with Ralph Macchio not included, but the dances last night overall were less than stellar despite the judges dishing out 10 like candy.

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy got 9's, but both dances were not very good. I give them credit for bravery, but the lifts were awkward and both dances lacked flow. And Kristie.. that last outfit was not flattering.

Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas first dance was edgy and brilliant and my fav dance of the night. I was expecting greatness in their freestyle, but as Ronnie mentioned to me.. it came across as 'sloppy and wild'.

Hines Ward and Kym Johnson with the scores they received last night and the Steeler nation fan vote. It is virtually a lock for them to win now.. even with one dance left tonight. I was disappointed majorly in their freestyle .. incredible lifts.. but the rest was lacking. But they still got 10's??

Your thoughts?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
So last night was a letdown of a DWTS finale in my opinion. It was already disappointing with Ralph Macchio not included, but the dances last night overall were less than stellar despite the judges dishing out 10 like candy.

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy got 9's, but both dances were not very good. I give them credit for bravery, but the lifts were awkward and both dances lacked flow. And Kristie.. that last outfit was not flattering.

Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas first dance was edgy and brilliant and my fav dance of the night. I was expecting greatness in their freestyle, but as Ronnie mentioned to me.. it came across as 'sloppy and wild'.

Hines Ward and Kym Johnson with the scores they received last night and the Steeler nation fan vote. It is virtually a lock for them to win now.. even with one dance left tonight. I was disappointed majorly in their freestyle .. incredible lifts.. but the rest was lacking. But they still got 10's??

Your thoughts?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The GoGos on DWTS! Great performance
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm sure this is no surprise at this point.. but the winner of DWTS was:

Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

so that makes Devo the winner of our first DWTS Tony Manero Rewind disco ball!!

Congrats

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home