iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » New Movies You have seen recently (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Movies You have seen recently
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wall-E =)
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey to the centre of the earth - Utter crap
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Journey to the centre of the earth - Utter crap

Really? The new one?

I love the original.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the new one. You could tell watching it it was made for no other reason than the 3D which we didn't even get in our crappy local. It was deathly boring, no highlights at all that I can think of.

[ 31. January 2009, 07:26: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rambo (2008)

Pretty graphic violence here, but it was way better than I expected. Sly's still got it at age 60.

"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hellboy 2 - Really enjoyable, I think it's a lot better than the first.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, ,I heard Hellboy 2 was good... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.

I always expect the rule of sequelitis to hold sway, but this was just especially bad. I barely laughed at all the whole way through and all the vulgarity just seemed desperate this time around.

Felon

Pretty decent prison flick, but cops out with a silly ending. I had a hard time buying Stephen Dorff winning brawls. They should have stuck with the initial plotline and shown him getting systematically picked apart in prison. It would have been a lot rawer and more depressing, but much truer.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Untraceable.

I got it at Blockbusters...they had a 3 for $20 special.

I have to say...I actually thought it was a really good movie.

It wasn't as graphic as I thought it would be.

The premise of the movie is so terrifying though.

It shows how warped the world is becoming, and it pretty much reinforced the stuff about the internet that I think is so sick and twisted.

The killer in the movie would get victims.....and set them up to be tortured on video...and hooked on to a live internet website that when people logged on to look at it...the person died faster, and what was sick...was that millions of people kept logging on to watch those people die...and the FBI told them not to, that they would be accomplists to the killer....but millions of people were logging on...and would write on the website...things like as if they were fans of the killer, and were encouraging him...and that's what was sick....is I really believe something like that is possible.

My mom said...with as sick as the world is becoming, when they do movies like this one...do you think that it gives sick and twisted people ideas to actually do the things they see in movies like this?

The whole moved actually connected together really well, which I liked that...I hate movies that nothing ever makes any sense, and your left with a billion unaswered questions...this movie gave you answers to everything...but the answers were sickening....I can't go in to that part...without giving the movie away.

But...if you want to watch a new horror movie-this is the one to watch- in my opinion...it is a really good movie based in today's world...which scares me to death....
but it definately was accurate. I actually liked Diane Lane alot in this movie-it was different from alot of the roles she has been playing lately.

I liked the lead actor in it, his name is Billy Burke. Wasn't that the name of an older actress...that's a woman? That name sounds so familiar to me.

Anyway...I never saw him in anything before this...but I liked him alot in this movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and saw Tropic Thunder after hearing all the rave reviews about what a brilliant satire of Hollywood it was. I thought is was mediocre at best. None of the snipes at Hollywood are particularly original, in fact it's all the same jokes you've seen played out in a hundred other films. I thought it was pretty bad overall - not Martin Lawrence bad - but bad just the same.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched "The Bucket List" tonight.Starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan freeman for the first time.I enjoyed it a lot.Two of my favorite actors,doing great work as always.Yesterday i also had a rerun on Jack Nicholson`s "As Good as It Gets"That man sure is talented.He gets away with such various roles.He seldom disappoint.
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Righteous Kill with De Niro and Pacino.

It was a bit too drawn out and boring at times. It was really predictable and disappointing. I give it a 5/10...

They did work well together though... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grace Is Gone (2007)

An oscar-worthy performance from an almost unrecognizable John Cusack in this sensitive (road)movie. It’s not your typical tearjerker, but nevertheless make sure to have some Kleenex by your side.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here are a few i have seen and i what i though of them
sex and the city the movie ( i thought it was really good [Smile]
love guro ( mike meyers is always funny [Smile]
i know pronounce you chuck and larry ( awesome and very funny )
th eye( creepy)
prom night( nowhere is good as the orginal ones)

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
88 Minutes

- Very weak paint-by-numbers thriller. Does anyone else besides me think that Al Pacino needs to stop trying to dye his hair? He looks really goofy to me, like when Creed on The Office decides to de-age himself.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been seeing an advertisement for this new western called Appaloosa coming out tomorrow Oct. 3. Anyone else seen or heard of it? It looks decent in the previews...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800308/

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appaloosa is suppsoed to be quite good, and with Jeremy Irons, Ed Harris, Viggo mortensen & Rene Zelwegger on board it looks promising. I'm not a big fan of the new westerns (though I liked '3:10 to Yuma') but a huge fan of Ed Harris and since this is his second go as director after 'Pollock' its bound to be worth a look.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Gone Baby Gone'. Excellent film, great acting all round, Ed Harris steals a few scenes, Casey Affleck did well too. Sure to become a modern classic.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to watch Ironman last night, and I fell asleep. I thought I was maybe going to like it, but Robert Downey Jr. never shut up...he just rambled on and on ...and talked before anyone ever said anything, and he talked 90 mph. It had a weird flow to it, and was pretty chopped up. I couldn't believe what Jeff Bridges looked like, I would have never known it was him, if he didn't speak. My son likes it. There were some gross parts that I didn't like. There's a scene where he pulls a tube out of his nose, that was so nasty. I didn't think it was a good movie for young kids.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RDJ was the best thing about Iron Man. He fit the manneurisms of Tony Stark to a tee when compared with the comic. It flowed pretty smoothly once again a comic book fan's movie......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dark Knight.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched ATONEMENT last night. excellent movie.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan In Real Life

Not your typical Steve Carrell fare but a very good film anyway. Found it to be a little predictable but is worth watching if you fancy some heart warming humour.

Noms In Real Life [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
i watched ATONEMENT last night. excellent movie.

I see that is on cable this month....I'll have to check it out if you say it is good.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched BABY MAMA the other night and all I can say is "meh"....which is about the higest praise I can give a "new" movie these days. I laughed about 3 or 4 times. Was it a decent movie? Yes. A laugh riot? No.

I am trying to NETFLIX some new ones to keep hubby happy. I put HITMAN, RUN FATBOY RUN and FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL on there. We shall see if they impress me more than BABY MAMA or not (oh well, at least i got to look at Greg Kinnear a little)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home