iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Favorite Squeeze songs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Squeeze songs
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Squeeze a lot, they had some insanely catchy hooks and songs. I have about 3 of their albums, plus a greatest hits. Also I have their amazing ArgyBargy album, More hooks than a tackle box so to speak. Some of these songs I like were done in the late 70's as the new wave movement was kicking in take note.

Some of the songs I like best are

Take me I'm yours
Another Nail in my Heart
Cool for Cats
Annie get your gun
Tempted
Pulling Mussels from a Shell
Goodbye Girl
Black Coffee in Bed

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO 'Babylon And On' was their best. I DO agree with 'Black Coffee In Bed' as being one of their greatest. but I cannot deny 'Footprints' and 'Hourglass' to be in the same list aas the other and 'Tempted'. The latter being the best song they have EVER recorded! Seriously, if it werent for that song, 'Reality Bites' wouldnt be what it is.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

If I didn't love you.

A lot of their stuff is great.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't see this topic at first!

i like many squeeze songs. the one devo mentioned, pulling mussels from a shell, black coffee & annie get your gun are tops for me. i have a greatest hits cd that i haven't listened to in years. now i want to bring it out.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was 1989, I'd say "Tempted" without a hesitation, but it's the one Squeeze song that has been overplayed through the years. If you ask me today or on Dec. 27th, it's definitely Pulling Mussles (From the Shell). [Razz] [Smile]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home