iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Let's Go all the way!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's Go all the way!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard this song on the all 80's weekend on the radio station...does anyone else like it?? I love it!

It's a traffic jam of the brain
makes you want to scream and shout.
Presidential party
no one wants to dance

Looking for a new star to put you in a trance.
Let's go all the way
let's go all the way

Yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
let's go all the way.

Working in a factory eight days a week

Try to make dollar
damn what a beat.
Cartoon capers happen in reality

Rich man
poor man livin' in fantasy.
Let's go all the way
let's go all the way

Oh
oh
oh
let's go all the way.

Living in New York
looks like an apple core

Asphalt jungle
got to be a man of war.
California dreamers sinking in the sand

The Hollywood squares are living in Disneyland.
Let's go all the way
let's go all the way

Let's go all the way
let's go all the way.
Let's go all the way
we need heaven on earth today

We can make a better way
let's go all the way

Go all the way
let's go all the way.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I have liked Slyfox for a long time.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can top that I got the 45 single still and play it at parties....See my profile at www.myspace.com/mobiledjdennis
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great song, but weren't they a one-hit wonder?

And whatever became of the band members?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I actually have a Sly Foxx interview somewhere when I taped an 80's weekend for Much Music(the canadian MTV), I seem to think the Sly did some previous work in production or funk groups or something. Didn't recall the other guy saying much at all. The video is hilarious, such a time capsule.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard this on the radio a few days ago.(JACK FM , if any of you know what that is) I stumped my friend. I said "I'm gonna name an 80s band and you have to tell me what they sung. Ready? SLY FOX!" She was beating herself in the ehad trying to remember what they sang. I finally had to tell her it was "Lets Go All The way" she said "I used to love that song!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romel
Rewind Curious
Member # 4305

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Romel   Email Romel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satalite radio xm/sirius all 80's station are awsome.Sirius has MTV's original vj's spinning the tunes its pretty cool.
Posts: 4 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But not J. J. Jackson obviously.
Poor J.J.
It's a shame.

[ 16. September 2005, 17:09: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

JACK FM is the weirdest station ever. Sometimes it's so cool that it borders on terrible. Could that be possible? Yes. The fact that the show changes formats all the time just by having none. I remember on day in a row I heard "Bye Bye Love" by the Cars, "Major Tom" by Peter Schilling, "What's up" by Four Non Blondes, "Hey Ya" by Outkast. You can't count on the next song being great, that's all I have to say.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I like them because I have eclectic tastes in music. I love '70s rock, '70s disco, 80s pop, 80s new wave and 80s heavy metal...and they play all those so I'm happy.
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love xm radio they play the alternitive music i liked in college. U2 REM stuff from thier first album.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
yeah, thats cool too..I think my husband is getting me that for Christmas.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remmeber going to the roller rink by my house to roller skate. They always played Sly Fox, and I always fell on my butt.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monty
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4319

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Monty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biography by Michael Sutton

Sly Fox only had one hit, but it was quite a single. In 1986, Sly Fox's “Let's Go All the Way" lit dynamite onto the pop charts, an infectious dance track with a thumping drum sound and funky bass. It may have seemed like a lone gem from a rather anonymous group of now-you-see-them-now-you-don't newcomers, but it was actually the work of Parliament veteran Gary ‘Muddbone' Cooper. “Let's Go All the Way", with its oddball mix of hip-hop, Latin pop, disco, and New Wave, crossed radio formats, from R&B to Top-40 to “Rock of the ‘80s" stations ruled by the Smiths and the Cure. Ultra slick, catchy, and making little sense, it could have only come from the ‘80s. Joined by vocalist Michael Camacho, Cooper was able to take his funk roots into the synthesized ‘80s, and “Let's Go All the Way" hinted at greatness. Unfortunately, their debut LP was critically panned and didn't sell well as it should. The album was drenched in filler, mainly lightweight funk and superficial pop/rock that left no lasting impression. Heavy exposure of “Let's Go All the Way" on MTV lengthened Sly Fox's shelf life, but without any other similarly strong tunes, they quickly joined the list of one-hit wonders, and Cooper moved on to other projects, including collaborating with blues guitarist Kelly Richey. “Let's Go All the Way" remains a favorite on ‘80s flashback programs and retro dance clubs.

Personnel:

Producer: Ted Currier
Sly Fox (Lead Vocals): Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and Michael Camacho
Background Vocals: Evan Rogers, Cindy Mizell, David Sanchez, April Lang
Guitars: Binky Brice, Kennan Keating, Frank Finley, David Lavender
Bass: Tony Bridges
Percussion: Steve Sprouse, Johnny Ventura
Keyboards: David L. Spradley, Alec Schantzis

-Monty

Posts: 17 | From: Madison, WI | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home