iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » You're the DJ .. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You're the DJ ..
Bernie_Lomax
Rewind Icon
Member # 8571

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now from Breakin' comes Shabba-Doo and Boogaloo-Shrimp poppin and lockin to the beats, of 'There's No Stopping Us', and no one does it better.

Well maybe Pop N' Taco does

- Play

[ 24. February 2011, 21:46: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2035 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BREAK TIME!!

And what is meant by this shout out is that it is time for us turn the lights down really low and spin a few sultry tunes..

What we're looking for here is about 5 or 6 slow tunes that bring the magic.. so I want each DJ to only post one tune from his/her repertoire .. and try to make it count..

So here we go.. after a little breakin' on the dance floor .. this tune seems appropriate for that girl I just impressed..

- (play)

Oh and I want to warn that I'll be back later similar to Ronnie last night, to play my all-time favorite tune "Love My Way" to begin the transition back to dropping more dance beats!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phew...yeah..I'm sweatin' like an extra from a Conan movie here from all this dancin'...time to chill for a bit. Nice slow jam there Valley to start out.

I think I'll follow that up with this classic and one of my all time favorite chill out tunes:

UB40 - Red Red Wine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2LmI3YMWA&sns

Posts: 1506 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Bangles - "Eternal Flame"

Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

And to close out slow dance time I give you...

A lost classic

-
We are DEVO

Posts: 4151 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax
Rewind Icon
Member # 8571

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic. I was actuallly just listening to (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Posts: 2035 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D, great song! i remember watching that video, as a kid. [Smile] i almost forgot all about it.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to reiterate one more time how much fun this thread has been to craft!

And with the help from a few of our DJs .. I've been able to acquire every tune on the thread and create a playlist for tomorrow night.

So thanks again and this next tune definitely goes out to all DJs to share with someone special in their lives..

- (play)

And finally.. the tune I promised earlier and stands above all the rest for me..

- (play)

Have an awesomely beautiful weekend everyone and never stop spinning the tunes!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
Bernie_Lomax
Rewind Icon
Member # 8571

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
Looks pretty good to me Valley.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great job you guys. [Smile] all the tunes are great. i am going to have my own mixed cd with these songs.

valley - have fun with the music, and long live the 80s. [Cool]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dancing on the ceiling - Lionel Ritchie

Make me loose control - Eric Carmen

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Den Harrow - Catch The Fox

-

Bolland & Bolland - Ten American Girls

-

Posts: 5268 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Band: Killing Joke
Abum: Night Time
Song: Night Time
Play

-
Band: Sisters Of Mercy
Album: Floodland
Song: Flood I
Play

Posts: 660 | From: jersey shore | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Band: Payola$
Album: No Stranger To Danger
Song: Eyes Of A Stranger
Play

-
Band: Red Rider
Album: As Far As Siam
Song: Lunatic Fringe
Play

Posts: 660 | From: jersey shore | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome! These tunes are a great addition.. kind of like ... 80's Neon Dance extended playlist...

Thanks for keeping the vibe of this thread alive!

Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great idea for a thread! I'll start my contributions with a pair of funk classics.

The Gap Band - Party Train

-

Hot Streak - Body Work

Posts: 121 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home