iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » You're the DJ .. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You're the DJ ..
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now from Breakin' comes Shabba-Doo and Boogaloo-Shrimp poppin and lockin to the beats, of 'There's No Stopping Us', and no one does it better.

Well maybe Pop N' Taco does

- Play

[ 24. February 2011, 21:46: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BREAK TIME!!

And what is meant by this shout out is that it is time for us turn the lights down really low and spin a few sultry tunes..

What we're looking for here is about 5 or 6 slow tunes that bring the magic.. so I want each DJ to only post one tune from his/her repertoire .. and try to make it count..

So here we go.. after a little breakin' on the dance floor .. this tune seems appropriate for that girl I just impressed..

- (play)

Oh and I want to warn that I'll be back later similar to Ronnie last night, to play my all-time favorite tune "Love My Way" to begin the transition back to dropping more dance beats!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phew...yeah..I'm sweatin' like an extra from a Conan movie here from all this dancin'...time to chill for a bit. Nice slow jam there Valley to start out.

I think I'll follow that up with this classic and one of my all time favorite chill out tunes:

UB40 - Red Red Wine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2LmI3YMWA&sns

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Bangles - "Eternal Flame"

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

And to close out slow dance time I give you...

A lost classic

-
We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic. I was actuallly just listening to (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D, great song! i remember watching that video, as a kid. [Smile] i almost forgot all about it.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to reiterate one more time how much fun this thread has been to craft!

And with the help from a few of our DJs .. I've been able to acquire every tune on the thread and create a playlist for tomorrow night.

So thanks again and this next tune definitely goes out to all DJs to share with someone special in their lives..

- (play)

And finally.. the tune I promised earlier and stands above all the rest for me..

- (play)

Have an awesomely beautiful weekend everyone and never stop spinning the tunes!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Looks pretty good to me Valley.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great job you guys. [Smile] all the tunes are great. i am going to have my own mixed cd with these songs.

valley - have fun with the music, and long live the 80s. [Cool]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dancing on the ceiling - Lionel Ritchie

Make me loose control - Eric Carmen

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Den Harrow - Catch The Fox

-

Bolland & Bolland - Ten American Girls

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Band: Killing Joke
Abum: Night Time
Song: Night Time
Play

-
Band: Sisters Of Mercy
Album: Floodland
Song: Flood I
Play

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Band: Payola$
Album: No Stranger To Danger
Song: Eyes Of A Stranger
Play

-
Band: Red Rider
Album: As Far As Siam
Song: Lunatic Fringe
Play

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome! These tunes are a great addition.. kind of like ... 80's Neon Dance extended playlist...

Thanks for keeping the vibe of this thread alive!

Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great idea for a thread! I'll start my contributions with a pair of funk classics.

The Gap Band - Party Train

-

Hot Streak - Body Work

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe this was already over 4 years ago!! ..but damn this was fun=>
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Fascinated by Company B Fascinated

I heard this in a pizzeria and downloaded it instantly.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home