iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Breaking News - All 4 Bill Conti Scores will be available (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Breaking News - All 4 Bill Conti Scores will be available
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It arrived today [Big Grin] I've just listened to the first CD. Ahh heaven  -

I actually really loved the Feel the night demo and Daniel's moment of truth gave me all the same chills up and down my spine as when I watch the film, great stuff.

*Pops in CD2* [Cool]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, how great is Final Blow. Oh I've had a great afternoon listening to these [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gigawatt?:
I was a bit disappointed that 'Feel the Night' wasn't the version used in the film but a rather ropey affair which sounded like an audition tape.

It was a demo tape (says so in the notes)

[Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why include a demo rather than the full version as appeared in the film? Okay it's increadibly cheesy pop pap but if you're a fan of the film (which if you've bought these CDs you undoubtedly are) then it's one of the more prominent songs and one which you' like to own. The version they included on the 'pop' sountrack was, I think, the only song that varied from what we heard in the film. Surly this would have been a good time to set that straight? Pah! Maybe I'm just taking it too seriously. Can't help but feel a bit cheated. Yes it says it's a demo in the notes but you can only read that AFTER youve shelled out your money.
...Rest of the CDs are good though! Glad you're enjoying them Helen S.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, been away a while with this stupid busy life thing, lol.

You guys sound like you're having a blast. Brownie, do me the biggest favor and upload the final moments of KK III for me somewhere. Still not yet ready to order, but am dying to hear that track.

Thanks for all the informative posts everyone. Enthusiasm for the KK scores is in short supply.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It says "Fewer than 150 remaining" on the Varese site now.

[ 04. August 2010, 11:43: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! That took long enough.
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron_H
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1942

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aaron_H   Email Aaron_H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo. I just ordered my copy.

I'm so glad that they didn't sell out before I found out about this. I haven't been on this website in ages so I was a little late finding out.

Can anybody say roughly how long it should take to get my copy (I'm in the UK)?
The website says 1-6 weeks, but this is quite a broad time space.. I can't wait!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 19 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Along with a £12 customs charge, buggers.
Aaron_H
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1942

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aaron_H   Email Aaron_H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When/how exactly do you get charged?
Posts: 19 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The postman will just take the £12 when he brings your parcel. The charge is because the item is over £18. I've been making sure all my orders from out of the country are under £18 since lol

[ 07. October 2007, 07:20: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Aaron_H
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1942

Rate Member
Haha, okay then.

Thanks for letting me know. [Smile]

pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I finally get the movie version of 'Feel The Night'!! Baxter Robertson is better known as B.A.Robertson, and has written loads of music.
This is fantastic news,I am so glad they decided to do this!

Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Feel The Night is just a demo, nice tho [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Fewer than 100 remaining now.
Aaron_H
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1942

Rate Member
Woo. My copy came the other day.
Ive been listening to it loads so far!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cool [Smile]

Site now says:

Fewer than 50 remaining
LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Sold out.
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant belive they sold all 2500........ well i can.

i missed out and im not happy

Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Aww, sorry about that Clinty [Frown] Seen some used ones on Amazon.com but quite pricy.

[ 21. June 2008, 12:33: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who missed the boxset 6 years ago (!!), Varese Sarabande have a stock of the score from the original movie. Limited to 2,000 copies

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-258/The-Karate-Kid/Detail

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home