iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Breaking News - All 4 Bill Conti Scores will be available (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Breaking News - All 4 Bill Conti Scores will be available
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem gigawatt?, I think it is pretty accurate, cant think of anything I missed.

So gigawatt?, Brown, McFly and others I have a question for you. Do you know where I can get a copy of "Glory of Love", the version that was played as the credits roll in KK 2? Although the lyrics are the same as the version I have, it is slightly different, check it out and tell me if you notice the difference. I would like to find the movie version. Thanks for any information.

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I sure do

I've posted this a couple of times but you must have missed it.

Peter Cetera - Glory of Love (Karate Kid Part II Version)
http://download.yousendit.com/6A01E44471936C7A

Enjoy

-Ian

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harold
Rewind Curious
Member # 5146

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for harold   Email harold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Turbo--did you ever find Broken Edge's "Please Answer Me"? Geez--you would think they would have included the other pop tracks on the the soundtrack!! [Mad]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, thanks Brown you made my day. I like the movie version so much better than the one that is on the original soundtrack. Thanks again for posting and sharing with everyone.

As for your question harold, I have not had any luck finding that song, although there was some talk on IMDB that carrieluvr2902@yahoo.com has the song. Not sure, but you can check it out.

Here is a post from IMDB Karate Kid Board.

by sarahh3256 1 day ago (Wed Mar 28 2007 13:13:29 )

"Well, I've contacted someone who emailed Josh Lober and he said he doesn't even have it---I know a copy exists though---a person I've been emailing said he had a good quality copy on his mp3 player but the player crashed and is unrestorable. I've even tried contacting the producer John Ryan--nada as well. I find it very hard to believe that both these people wouldn't keep a copy of a song that they themselves made AND that appeared in a major motion picture. WOW!! I hope that this song is not a lost cause as it is one of the best 80s songs I've ever heard."

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only music included on the new soundtracks is that written by Bill Conti. Hence the inclusion of 'Feel the Night' but not 'Please Answer Me'.
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone have their copy yet..?
Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
Not yet, but you know one thing I noticed, I do think we are missing some more score music from Part 2. You know when Miyagi visits Sato at his home and Sato is practicing his karate chop on the piece of wood they found together when they were younger. Well when Sato walks away from Miyagi, there is a nice little score piece and then it jumps to when Dan and Kumiko are out on the town dancing. It is a short piece, but a good one, I dont recall it being on the boot and dont see it on the new release title sheet. Well I guess we cant have it all, but it was a good piece.

Post your reviews if you get your copy.

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
I spoke to representative over at Varese and he mentioned that they received over 1,000 orders for club soundtrack items on the 12 of March and that they are a litte behind in terms of shipping. I mentioned to him that my order was put in on the 13th of March and he said the copy could be shipped out in posssibly 2-3 days or at the latest a week.
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
OMG, i hope my order is still valid.. [Frown]
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this place is jumpin'.

You guys beat me to the KK III "Love Theme" thing. Brownie, the disc you sent me a couple years ago does list "KK III Love Theme" as the last track. Here it is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-KARATE-KID-III-SOUNDTRACK-1989-EXCELLENT_W0QQitemZ230112457849QQcategoryZ58612QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem So it must be part of KK III.

Because I as well noticed it's not on the Varese set. And I think they named it "Love Theme" because often times films will call the instrumental theme a "love" one. Even if it's never used in the film. At least in the 70s and 80s. It was just a piece of instrumental score that showed the love between characters, namely the friendship between Daniel and Miyagi. My best guess anyway.

There are misc. bits I'm sure Varese or Bill Conti didn't feel were worth their time (but what about us! lol). Like Miyagi in his workshop after Daniel trashes his bike, the "Ahhh, Daniel-san, Happy Halloween!" bit, or like when Miyagi brings Daniel ice tea when he's nailing the boards to the guest house.

Nope, haven't ordered. Unfortunately something I have to save for. $50 bucks plus shipping. Ouch. Yes, hope you guys in the UK don't get hit with a VAT or something.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
^ha ha ha, yeah, I forgot I'd sent you that CD. Good times, lol.

I must have renamed that track at some point, because it doesn't have the "III" part in my version any more..

*still waiting for my CD*

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
Just checking in, Varese sent me an email confirming my cd has been shipped. I checked through and the tracking number shows that it should arrive shortly. I dont know how it is for those who have ordered it overseas, but you should get a confirmation that states that your cd has been shipped. I also wish they would update their site so we could see how many copies are left, because surely they do not still have 2,500.

Just to add one note here, I recently read that "Glory of Love" was originally intended for Rocky IV, but the producers passed and thus it was picked for KK2. It is hard to think of KK2 without that song from Cetera. Can anyone confirm this, I read it over at wiki.

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
Can't confirm that, but Wiki isn't the best source, lol.. Could be that someone has simply made a Conti/Karate Kid/Rocky connection and made that up about Cetera..? the two movies were released a year apart though, I I guess it could be true?

btw, I'm yet to receive my confirmation e-mail.. [Frown]

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
Just received it and I have to say it is awesome. Great package and it comes with this really nice booklet which has 22 pages of photos and information about the score. It is fantastic, I am amazed and they have done a super job. Have not listened to everything, but so far the sound quality is superb.

From Karate Kid

"Fite Nite", really good, noticed a little difference in part of the song, as compared to the boot, but overall very good, I like it better than the boot copy.

"Dan Ducks Out" - very good, takes you back to when he comes home and sees Miyagi has fixed the bike. A great piece of score and for the first time we can hear it outside of the movie.

"Bonsai Tree" is really nice as well, a new score piece. Takes you back to the scene.

"Decorate the Gym" - good to finally have and you get that little piece where Miyagi Says "Ah Happy Halloween Daniel-san"

"Feel the Night" - a solo by Baxter Robinson, same lyrics but a different feel to the song, not from the film section, when you hear it you will know what I mean. It is alright, nice to have a new version.

"Troubled Lovers" - A nice new one.

"Paint the Fence" - A missing one, really good addition.

"Japanese Hand Clap" - Awesome

"No Mercy" - Nice to have

"Daniel's Moment of Truth - starts from the point where Dan is getting up from Johnny's blow to the leg all the way to the finale. This track is a 10/10, a great way to close off disc one.

Will post more when I have the chance, but so far so good. If you have any questions I will try to answer them the best I can. Take care.

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
If I am hearing it right, you get the score piece when Dan is putting the medal on that piece of rosewood for Miyagi from Part 2, it comes in track 4 "Breathing / Daniel Nails It"

For those of you who have been waiting for "Miyagi's attack" track 15 is spectacular.

"Old Friends" is the "The Storm" from the boot.

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
McFly, I just wanted to add some thoughts to your previous post and clarify what the new set has from those short score pieces.

"Like Miyagi in his workshop after Daniel trashes his bike, the "Ahhh, Daniel-san, Happy Halloween!" bit, or like when Miyagi brings Daniel ice tea when he's nailing the boards to the guest house".

The "Ahhh, Daniel-san, Happy Halloween" small score piece is there under "Decorate the Gym", track 6 on the first disc.

When "Miyagi brings Daniel ice tea when he's nailing the boards to the guest house" is also there under track 4 "Breathing/Daniel Nails It" on disc 2.

The scene where Miyagi witnessed the bike aftermath is not on any cd in this new set, if I remember from the movie it was real short, maybe like 10 seconds, the shortest score piece in this new set is "No Mercy" which is 23 seconds long. It would have been nice to have it, but we have a lot of other great stuff.

I want to mention "The Final Blow" from Part III is really good, Brown, McFly you guys are going to love this one, one of the best pieces in the series.

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
OMG!

thanks man, i can't wait!!! i'd ask you to upload a track or two, but no.. i'm gonna wait til mine arrives, lol

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
You should all wait, it is so much better to have all of it in front of you. The booklet is really impressive as well and it was very informative. You will find out something interesting about KK2 and Zamfir. No way I would have known without the booklet. The booklet is small, like the size of a compact disc case. It has two written pieces mixed in with 26 photos (including cover and back cover) of various stills from the movies. Good stuff.

One track for part 2 is not there, but it is on the boot, it is "Obon Dance"

Also "Daniel Breaks Ice" is in the new set for Part II, but it comes at the end of the track entitled "Rekindled Love"

The score for Part III is very impressive. I like pretty much everything, but the best ones in my opinion are,

"The Final Blow" - amazing from start to finish, a powerful piece and sound quality is excellent.

"Kata Training" - takes you back to the original, reminds me a little of "Training Hard", hard to pick a favorite between those two.

"The Hidden Tree" and the "The Last Tree"

The Silver Theme and the rest are really good as well.

Also they have changed some of the names of score pieces, like for example "Kumiko's Peformance" from the boot is now "Moon Spots" in Part II.

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
I've only watched "The Next Karate Kid" ONCE, but based on the sample of "Angel Flies" from Varese, i really wanna hear it too..

[Smile]

Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great review Turbo.
I'm glad to hear they've put some effort in with the booklet. It's always nice when they do something like that - makes you feel you've got your money's worth!

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
omg, mine is here.. I'm listening to the KKIII score now... i can't believe I actually have this in my hands.. lol.

-

(BTW - English folks, I got charged £12.01 import fee's, but its worth it)

I've only listened to the intro track so far, but I'll hopefully get through it all this week... its so good.

Bonsai!!

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else noticed that some of the tracks on the new CD differ slightly to previous releases? For instance, is it me or does "Fite Night" have additional instrumentation in it not present on the bootleg version... I smell an incomplete/bungled release.. :-/
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
I for sure noticed the change in "Fite Nite" on the new CD. Clearly is different from the other version.

In terms of the set being incomplete, I would say it is because it does not have the score piece where Miyagi witnesses the bike aftermath and the score piece when Miyagi visits Sato at his house and says "What has happened to you?", the score that comes toward the end of that scene is not there.

The additions are good though, like "Miyagi's Attack" and the little extra piece when Dan is nailing the boards and placing the medal on the rosewood for Miyagi (Breathing / Daniel Nails It)

Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
I was a bit disappointed that 'Feel the Night' wasn't the version used in the film but a rather ropey affair which sounded like an audition tape.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, cool site and forum [Smile] I just ordered this yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home