iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Obscurus Lupa Proudly Presents, the Upcoming "Green Lantern" Movie in One Second:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obscurus Lupa Proudly Presents, the Upcoming "Green Lantern" Movie in One Second:
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I would've worked on it more, but I didn't want it to look bad. [Wink]

Just in case you don't get it (and you probably don't): Jack Black recently signed on for the part of The Green Lantern. I like Jack, but c'mon. Thus, I created what could be the singlemost worst Photoshop ever made.

Oh, and he doesn't have his lantern in the picture because (I forgot to and was too lazy to put it in.) they probably will leave it out of the movie and make up something about a band of elementary school kids uniting to strengthen The Green Lantern as he tries to make it out of Orange County to get with his overweight girlfriend who is really beautiful on the inside.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Lupa, I reckon your photoshop is probably gonna be better than the movie! This is a truely terrible idea, I like Jack Black in samll doses (loved his music videos and his turn in one of my favourite movieS 'High Fidelity')but as Green Lantern? No, Green Lantern was never about comedy, Guy Gardner was the comic relief, if it were up to me I'd have Cruise as 'GL' and Ben Stiller as Guy, but thats just me.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone who saw Jack Black's suposed funny take on Spiderman on the MTV Movie awards will surely agree that this news has to down as one of the worst casting decisions in history. Jack Black is suited to particular roles (School of Rock was obviously written with him in mind) but no way could he pull this one off.

What next...Freddie Prinze Jr as Michael Myers in a Halloween remake???

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although the idea is stupid, I have to admit that I might watch it. I've never really been into superhero comics, and I know little to nothing about The Green Lantern, but I can tell you right now that the movie will have nothing in common with the guy except the name. BUT, who hasn't laughed at someone else's expense at a movie?

I'm HOPING the movie is at least better than my Photoshop (Really! I can do much better than that, but the comedy would be taken away if I actually took the four hours or so I'd need to make something more decent.). As for the Ben Stiller idea, I'm not opposed to seeing him in comedy movies, but I've seen him in SO MANY movies lately, so I'd rather he sticks to the genre that fits him, you know? He already did Mystery Men; he should leave that as his only venture into the superhero genre.

Jack Black could pull this off as a PARODY, I'm sure (It still wouldn't be the best comedy of the year, but at least it wouldn't send you into giggle-fits wondering why he was cast for it.).

Personally, I thought Rowan Atkinson would've made a better Michael Myers. [Wink]

Just kidding. That guy is appalling. Not the psycho murderer--Bean.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like an awful idea to cast him as the green lantern. He also is set to be in King Kong, though.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home