iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 90's movies that introduced you to a great song (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 90's movies that introduced you to a great song
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got one for the 80s compliments of the great Bernie Lomax,yep! You all thought he was dead but really he's hiding out in australia!

-

Always liked this track - my brother's eyes - https://youtu.be/k_pcEN6B3i0 - by eric Barnett that plays over the opening titles of 1991's - kickboxer 2 starring - Sasha mitchell.

Anyone else got any favourite tracks that they first heard in a 90s movie?

[ 11. February 2016, 12:49: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Also I like this track which I first actually heard in 1991's - career opportunities starring the beautiful - Jennifer connelly and the fun - frank Whaley and that's - johnny clegg's and savuka's - cool crazy beautiful world - https://youtu.be/axf_DLjfDsM

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This is one movie track I really do like - Gregg Tripp's - I don't want to live without you - https://youtu.be/PcTNtC-oP7A - which i first heard in the 1992 - Christain Slater comedy thriller - kuffs

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could find a clean copy of this song from the excellent Best of the Best 3: No Turning Back.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyTSiEgb10M

Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That's the trouble peter a lot of these movie soundtrack songs are so obscure,iTunes never seem to acquire them and unless you're lucky enough to purchase the soundtrack (if its available) upon its original release and before it goes out of print you are pretty much stuffed either that or you end up having to pay top dollar for it!

Great song by the way,have best of the best 1 & 2 on DVD which are both great fun and i need to check out part 3 again sometime.

[ 12. February 2016, 05:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, a real whistful road movie type tune, and no... a clean copy will probably never surface.

I like that part 3 sheds the martial arts tournament formula and tries something different. Quite the underrated 90's action flick.

Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
Another good one from a great film. Actually there are several decent tracks on this OST.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGvgpcOJ9U

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my all time favorite remakes....Wild Horses by the Sundays, from the movie Fear (Reese Witherspoon, Mark Walhberg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpXmIYqdXb4

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By coincidence, another re-make (a Zeppelin tune at that!) "Thank You" by Duran Duran from With Honors....love it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3Sz_Yx3Xk

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Just a bit outside the 90's (2000), have to mention High Fidelity...first time hearing "Dry The Rain" by the Beta Band....sweetness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0hSP-3U14

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Some really great tracks guys and a reminder of some really great movies,not seen - if looks could kill (or teen agent as I watched it as) for quite some time now but can remember it being a blast,can't hardly wait I thought was a lot of fun as was - with honors and high fidelity.

You beat me to the punch with - wild horses kevdug as I thought about that one last night when I originally started the thread,terrific song from a really great & tense 90s thriller.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/pm5V8DZazvI - in dreams by John Waite which I think is a really cool track which I first ever heard in the 1993 classic thriller - true romance starring Christian Slater and the beautiful - Patricia arquette.

-

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Yes Warrior...this version of Wild horses is actually one of my all time fav songs.

There was an instrumental in True Romance that I really liked...but can't remember the name of it right now....

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I'd imagine it's - you're so cool - https://youtu.be/iLwzl6fWDtE by Hans zimmer - a great piece of music to what is in my opinion a really great movie!

I haven't got that many soundtracks but this is one of them,couple of other random ones that I own - the lost boys,St Elmo's fire,midnight express,days of thunder,trick or treat,rocky 4 and over the top.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Awesome...thanks warrior...that is it! Funny memory....me and my wife have been together for almost 20 years, and back in the day when I first started making mix CDs....yes...CDs....not mix tapes (that was earlier in my life), I put this song at the end of one of the CDs I made for my wife! It's a short song and I remember not wanting to waste any space on the CD!

Similar to my DVD collecting (buying ONLY movies from the 80's), I also do the same for music CDs...I buy/collect only CDs from the 80's, and only original album stuff (no compilations), with the exception of soundtracks. I don't have tons of soundtracks, but have: Purple Rain, Top Gun, Quicksilver, Footloose, The Lost Boys, Some Kind Of Wonderful, Flashdance, and Less Than Zero....a handful more on cassette....Pretty In Pink, Breakfast club, etc.

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
Love this song ending one of my favorite films from the 90's.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cmAyR5bdo

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Great song Peter...hadn't heard that one before. Gotta love Mickey...wish he could have kept things together back in the day...easily could have maintained superstar status. He's made a decent little come back...but still a little freaky looking! Shame....
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
He could rightfully be considered an A-lister in the latter half of the 80's, but the ill-fated decision to resume his boxing career in the early 90's put a stop to that. He was relegated to small indie films and B to Z grade movies after that.

Also, the heavy reconstructive surgery needed on his face after the many fights sadly made him another Hollywood plastic surgery addict.... and yes, we've all seen the result. Personally I still think he made some good films after his glory days, like Bullet, F.T.W., Last Outlaw and I have a weakness for his ridiculous villain turn in the equally ridiculous Van Damme flick Double Team. He was still somewhat presentable in the early to mid naughts, but nowadays... yeeesh.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I second everything you guys are saying, awesome movie - Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man, great song to and mickey Rourke is such a talented actor and its just a pity now that he seems to be restricted to doing all these direct to video low budget action flicks!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/AlloG-2bbeM - new star by - tears for fears which plays over the opening credits of the excellent 1994 comedy drama - threesome starring Stephen baldwin,Josh Charles and Lara flynn Boyle.

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
Love Tears for Fears, and had totally forgot about threesome. Hard to believe that at one point Stephen Baldwin was a thing. Well, for about five minutes, but still. Oh those Baldwin family dinners must be awkward on so many levels.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Q Lazarus - Goodbye Horses

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That's a wicked track j2me, not watched - the silence of the lambs in so long,definitely need to rewatch again soon!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Cool song J2...nice 80's feel to it!

Also like "Spin The Bottle" by The Juliana Hatfield Three"...Reality Bites Soundtrack....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUAVbGoR81I&list=RDjUAVbGoR81I

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home