iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Loose Cannons (1990)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loose Cannons (1990)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Now this was an interesting buddy cop flick shot in ´89 and released in 1990.

"Mac, the two fisted savy cop finds that he's being saddled with a new partner, a known burn out,
to work with him on a new and difficult case.
The new partner is, Ellis, an amazing detective, one who puts Sherlock Holmes to shame with his lightning fast deductions.
Ellis has a couple of problems. He keeps assuming the personalities of entire casts of Television shows.
This can be a problem when people begin shooting at them." (IMDb)

Loose Cannons was directed by Bob Clark (Porky´s etc.) and written by Clark and Richard Christian Matheson (Three O´Clock High, It Takes Two)

The film stars Gene Hackman, Dan Aykroyd, Dom DeLuise, Ronny Cox, Nancy Travis, Paul Koslo and D1ck O´Neill.

Hackman in action with his hightech cannon
 -

Lots of jokes in this movie, some are good but some are really bad ones.
Neo Nazis, S&M club, Hitler sex tape, Aykroyd singing tv-theme tunes... OMG [Cool]

I know that lots of people say that this is a mess.
I say that it is an entertaining mess [Wink]

Loose Cannons trailer

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aykroyd has his moments, and Hackman doesn't embarass himself, but the film is a mess. The problem is that like Dr. Detroit, it is very sit-comy. But unlike Dr. Detroit, which is very funny and wisely uses Aykroyd's immense talent, this just lies there DOA. I mean, a Roadrunner impresson? C'mon... LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home