iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Cobra tv-series (1993-1994) Michael Dudikoff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobra tv-series (1993-1994) Michael Dudikoff
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Robert "Scandal" Jackson, Jr., is an ex-Navy SEAL who went A.W.O.L. after refusing to blow up an enemy command center housing civilians.
He disappeared to the wilderness of Alaska, changing his name and appearance, and became a teacher in a small Inuit community.
But a part of his past caught up to him and he was shot in the face, his comatose body left for dead.
He awoke in the hospital three weeks later and found himself with a new face and a new chance at life,
thanks to a woman named Danielle LaPoint.

Danielle offered him a job with "Cobra", an undercover anti-crime agency
that provides justice for victims who haven't benefited from the system.
Scandal is reluctant to leave his Alaskan life behind, but then her boss, Dallas Cassel,
makes him an offer he can't refuse: the chance to catch the man who murdered his father five years earlier.
From behind the wheel of his classic AC Cobra, Scandal dispenses justice in the fictional Bay City." (Wikipedia)

Sounds a lot like Knight Rider to me [Wink]
Well, anyway i watched the 2-part pilot and it was typical but entertaining fast-paced early 90s tv-stuff.
The show was created by the legendary Stephen J. Cannell and stars Michael Dudikoff, Allison Hossack and James Tolkan.

The show ran only for one season (22 episodes)

More info from Wikipedia:
Cobra was originally called Viper. However, Chrysler Corp. sued Stephen J. Cannell for trademark infringement,
and also because Chrysler was already working with CBS on a series called Viper that was to feature a brand new Dodge Viper concept car.

Beautiful British Columbia locations, cool score composed by the legendary Canadian band Saga plus Gerald O'Brien
and while i´m not rushing to get the dvd set it would be awesome to see all the episodes.

Gotta love this Cobra intro with the Saga theme tune:

Cobra tv-series intro

Dvd set cover art:

-

Finnish VHS cover art:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home