iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Batman Returns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Batman Returns
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post 
A great movie to watch around the holidays! i remembered being hyped up for this movie since they announced it and i was 11 when i saw it 4 times in theaters when i was 11. I had merchandise such as cards, toys, the SNES game with VHS film for christmas, Mcdonalds cups, movie magazine, comic adaptation, t-shirts, coloring books, and that sort of thing including eating the cereal and watching the animated show religiously every afternoon.

This was the last good live-action Batman movie before Nolan came along.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might just be the best of the original series for me. The Penguin always has been my favorite Batman villain, and while his portrayal here may be a bit of a departure from the character's comic depiction, DeVito still hits the notes wonderfully; his tirade-filled "motivational speech" to his penguin commandos before sending them out to blow Gotham City sky high has to be one of the best of these kinds of speeches in film history. The rest of the cast delivers as well, with Keaton again showing why he's one of the best Caped Crusaders of them all. The unknowing romance with Catwoman (also well done by Pfeiffer; I'm glad it didn't end up being Sean Young)was also well done, as were the action sequences (probably my favorite bit being where he gives the fire eater (who come to think of it looks a bit like Jon Lovitz under the devil makeup) a taste of his own medicine.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love every single thing about it. My fave superhero film [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not better than the original to me. But Still a decent sequel. And I dare anyone to argue that Michelle Pfeiffer wasn't the Hottest Catwoman ever...

Meow...
 -

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Gotham was dark and so was the script... as in .. darkly comedic, darkly romantic, and darkly dramatic all rolled up into one crazy ride.

-

I was one of the folks that was originally stunned by the choice of Michael Keaton as Batman, but I must say that he held his own in the first film and I was glad to see him return.  Similar to Pyro I still prefer the original rebooted film from  1989 with Jack Nicholson's wacked out performance, however "Batman Returns" had a wicked darkness to it.  I respect Tim Burton movies and have watched them numerous times, but I'm just not as big a fan as most people.  Thought the cast was outstanding and fit their characters .. Keaton, Danny Devito, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Christopher Walken.

-

My favorite Batman film is "The Dark Knight" which I think is a masterpiece.  And I'm really excited to see where the next installment takes us as well.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
And I dare anyone to argue that Michelle Pfeiffer wasn't the Hottest Catwoman ever...

Can't argue that, Pyro.. completely agree!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone watched the animated show the same year?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamaikaH
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Returns is the best so far out of the rest, it has some awesome magic of our super hero. Penguin has done a majestic role in it and given a hard time to our Batsy. Truly enjoyable.

[ 10. January 2012, 05:20: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Closed due to spammers.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home