iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie or TV show Help???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie or TV show Help???
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm posting this here because I have a very very vague recollection of a movie or TV show I saw awhile back. And I believe it was in the 90's, but I could be wrong and it could be older. Not too sure on that.
And I'm also not too sure if I'm thinking of a movie or a TV show..but let me describe it, and maybe someone can help me out here.

I vaguely remember this movie, (or show), being one of those types of movies that were broken up into 3 or 4 short story segments...you know, like Tales from the Crypt and Twillight Zone: The Movie. this is also whats getting me to ponder that perhaps it was just a random half hour show I saw in a series one time. Again, those details are sketchy to me. I can also kind of remember that this was a thriller/suspense show or movie that was targeted toward the African American audience because most of the cast was black. Or perhaps if it was a TV show, this one particular episode was. And to save some time, no, I'm not thinking of "Tales from the Hood", though it is quite similar in nature to that film.

Anyway, I have a recollection of one of these segments involving a middle aged black man who lived in a ghetto apartment building in a city somewhere. He comes home from his crappy job one day looking for his wife, but she's nowhere to be found. He shrugs it off and goes about his normal business. He then proceeds to turn on a small radio and he hears this strange broadcast of some paranoid guy screaming and ranting about some sort of conspiracy and an evil plan. The evil plan the man on the radio rants about is more of a warning to the married men of the community. The man rages on about how all the wives in the community are all planning to kill their husbands at the same time on a precise time and date.
I remember this segment ends with the main character cowering on the floor as his wife comes toward him with a gun. The camera then starts to pan out from his kitchen window before she shoots him. Then as the camera settles out on an establishing shot of the whole neighborhood..you can hear a string of gunshots coming from every house and apartment building where the wives are all apparently offing their husbands at the same time. Then the segment ends.

..Anyway, this is my recollection of some random movie or TV show I saw awhile back.
If this sounds familiar to anyone out there..please tell me what TV show or movie I'm thinking of.

Thank you

[ 09. June 2010, 18:52: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Lost Souls
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8863

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Two Lost Souls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought 'Tales From the Hood' at first, then I saw your comment that it wasn't it. lol

It sounds so familiar, though. I feel like it's right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't place it.

I'm really curious to know what the show is now. I hope someone can answer it for you.

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you could check movieretriever.com they havelists of tv movies
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:
you could check movieretriever.com they havelists of tv movies

I did check this out..I couldn't find what I was looking for.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Falkor
Rewinder
Member # 7874

17 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Falkor   Email Falkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyromantic, I did some detective work tonight and I was able to track it down for you! I've never actually seen it, but I believe the movie you're looking for is the 1994 anthology "Cosmic Slop". It consists of three segments called "Space Traders", "The First Commandment", and "Tang", which seems to have the scene you describe. Amazon has a pricey VHS copy, but the first part is available for free on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNxB7IEGFU
http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Slop-VHS-Brock-Peters/dp/B00000JWWJ
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109487/

Apparently, HBO received a bomb threat after airing this.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thank you very much Falkor!

I was beginning to lose hope with this, or think that I had maybe just imagined ever seeing this..lol. Now I know I'm NOT crazy. [Cool]

Just finished watching the "Space Traders" episode on the youtube link you provided...and now it's all starting to come back to me. And watching it again, I can see why HBO received quite alot of flack for airing this movie. The racial content is not exactly tame in it, is it? And it still has the same creepy feel to it now as it did when I first watched it back then. I only wish there was a clip somewhere of the "Tang" segment..as that does seem to be the one I recalled seeing in my original post based on the description.

Top Rating Points for you for finding this.
Thanks again Buddy! [Smile]

[ 07. November 2010, 14:39: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Falkor
Rewinder
Member # 7874

17 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Falkor   Email Falkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, and you're very welcome! I like detective work like this [Smile]
Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome digging Falkor!
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home