iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 10 Things I Hate About You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 Things I Hate About You
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I was thinking about heading down to Club Skunk to catch the last set by "Letters To Cleo". I know their no Bikini Kill or Raincoats, but.....

Letters To Cleo - "Come On"

Just ordered the Blu-ray for "10 Things I Hate About You"...waiting for a deal, but after hearing Joan Jett & the Blackhearts "Bad Reputation" and Muffy sharing her Joey Donner encounter ... I couldn't hold out any longer.

I must admit that it is a little sad to watch "10 Things I Hate About You" since the death of Heath Ledger, but his role as Patrick Verona was my second fav of his next to "The Dark Knight" where he channeled brilliance in my opinion.

My fav character though is actually Cameron played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt who has grown up to play several uniquely flawed individuals in movies such as "Brick", "The Lookout", and "500 Days of Summer". His interaction with David Krumholtz was fun stuff. Loved .. "And I'm back in the GAME!!"

The film is a modern day take on Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew" and the Bianca/Kat fight (get it.. Kat..fight?) was quite entertaining.

And their dad played by Larry Miller was hilarious!

"I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My momma didn't raise no fool!"

For anyone that wonders why Muffy was so excited to bump into Andrew Keegan aka Joey Donner...

-

Did she mention Andrew's underwear commercial audition? btw, Uh...You don't buy black lingerie unless you want someone to see it!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to lunch yesterday with a friend that's a few years younger then me and I brought my story up......I guess i'd never told her.....she was more impressed that I had the runin with Gabrielle Union.

10 Things really is a great movie though. It's my neighorhood folks!!

It had the 80's feel......the music, lovestory, highschoollife drama at the dance.....so like an 80's movie.

That really is a highschool. It looks like castle at night.

Larry Miller is great and I agree Valley...... Heath Ledger was awesome......this is the first movie I saw him in. The poem at the end.......so great.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing this at the movies when it came out and I loved it. The 90's wasn't a great time for teen movies (in my opinion) so this was a breath of fresh air. And it does have an 80's connection...One of the bands playing at the dance is called "Save Ferris!"
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, the school was incredible and I really like how they filmed the end credits with Letters To Cleo playing on the rooftop.

Also, the party scenes were awesome and they placed The S.O.S. Band's "Just Be Good To Me" perfectly. Then one of my all-time fav tunes "Hold Me Now" by The Thompson Twins was used to seal the deal. Great stuff!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Blu-ray is in my possession..my plan is to watch tonight or tomorrow. Very interested in watching the extras!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The important question... the really important question... is what did you guys think of the first season of the TV series '10 Things I Hate About You'?

[ 06. February 2010, 03:17: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um the tv show is a disater pretty bad bad bad! I told Valley i'd take some movie location shots......I swear I will this week [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Starting 10 Things in 10 Minutes!

Logan5 .. I read about the tv show, but haven't seen it.

Muffy .. I totally want to see those location pics.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it for the very first time last night. I thought it was a great movie. I really liked it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hi Gang! well I took pics of the house and school last week then when I was trying to figure out loading them on my computer I lost them!

But.........I'm starting to think it was on purpose because it was raining that day....and today the sun is out and you can see the view way better!! i'll try and go to the highschool later today....... [Smile] I love where I live....

-
 -
 -

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffster... you have no idea how much I love this kind of stuff.

Those are amazing pictures of the "10 Things I Hate About You" house. If I was there...I would be so tempted to knock on the door and ask for a tour!

I hope you don't mind, but I took your pic and put it next to a screenshot I found... can you say totally awesome!!!

Muffy's pic:

-

Screenshot from the movie:

-

I can't wait to see the school...

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures, Valley and Muffy Tepperman! I like them! [Cool]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics Muffster!

I'm not surprised you love where you live! It looks great!

[ 24. February 2010, 21:06: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work Miss Tepperman, love it when the locations exactly like it was in the movie.

A lot of love for '10 Things...' here but it's been about 10 years since I last saw it. I remember thinking it was OK, reasonably good; kind of lost in the throng of late 90s teen movies, will have to give it another look.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Lost Souls
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8863

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Two Lost Souls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love '10 Things...'! It's one of my favorite teen movies, of any decade.

I loved most of the teen movies of the late 90's, but I think '10 Things...' was the best of the bunch. It was smart and thoughtful...and how could anyone not love the scene with Heath Ledger singing 'Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You'?! That's my favorite scene of the movie. Steller cast.

I actually have this movie on DVD, but I haven't been able to watch it since Heath passed. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, I'm gonna have to break it out and watch it.

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok so a friend and I went to dinner right by the school tonight...we walked over and I got pics with my phone....yay! They actually came out not so bad [Smile]

-

-

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics, Muffy!!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy.. incredible pictures of the football stadium and especially the school. I've never seen it lit up at night and think it looks awesome.

I so want to hold a Letters To Cleo reunion on the roof. They were actually playing on the roof at TheWit Hotel in Chicago last weekend.. so sad that I missed it!

Veronica???

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I want to live in your basement, Muffy.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home