iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Fifth Element

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fifth Element
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entertaining sci-fi from 1997: I wasn't convinced first time around as it was so different to the kind of Luc Besson movies we'd come to expect. But TFE, despite being absolutely ridiculous, is a flim that takes some time to like; great SFX and some nice action; though a lot of the alleged humour is forced and OTT.

12 years on; I can still watch / appreciate TFE as a visually magnificent, but lightweight, bit of sci-fi fluff: some of the CGI holds up surprisingly well and any movie with flying cars, Bruce Willis in an orange vest, cats an alien operatic diva and lasers is, if nothing, else; an original.

-

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love this flick Kash. Sci-fi, Bruce Willis, and a young/gorgeous Milla Jovovich.....what more could you ask for?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's Rocked, how could I forget to mention Milla Jovovich? Talk about an oversight.

She was awesome in a movie from a few years back, called Ultraviolet.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bill and i like this movie too it is on cable quite a bit i think bill watches it for milla mostly of course lol but bruce is pretty young and hot in the flick too good effects let me guess you guys like the orange outfit on milla the best? lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fifth Element is a great flick.
I need to see this again asap!

Everybody loves Milla [Cool]

-
Try Me!!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, watched it a couple of years ago. Thought it was just ok.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had about the same reaction as you. I thought it was good, but not great. A little too much silliness for my tastes, I guess.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
She was awesome in a movie from a few years back, called Ultraviolet.

She was awesome in everything! I am a huge fan of hers and have seen almost all her movies
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M-u-l-t-i P-a-s-s

Love this movie

You can't for about Chris Tucker as Ruby Rhod

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FcMovies
Rewind Curious
Member # 8402

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FcMovies   Email FcMovies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a great movie.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I know a lot of people like this one. It just doesn't do it for me.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home