iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 90's music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 90's music
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cae   Author's Homepage   Email cae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
altho i love 80's films i muct admit my kinda music was from the 90's dance stuff...
i brought a great cd the other day..called...100% old school club classics.
i always post on the 80s part so i thought i'd get a topic started on 90's..
i was about 16+ in th e90's and the tracks were daft but great
i mean who could forget charlie by the prodigy!
i think one of my all tim efav 90's dance tracks was....let me be ur fantasy by baby d!!...superb...any one else got sum songs or tunes that can rekindle my memory about 90;s dance??

Posts: 394 | From: dudley,west midlands,england | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cae   Author's Homepage   Email cae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about the typ o's....
i've had a drink while watching the arsenal/birmingham match and watching ghostbusters!!...lol

Posts: 394 | From: dudley,west midlands,england | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
oh...as well...saturday nights its gotta be mtv dance cuz they play all 90's dance stuff....
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'90s music for me was hard-core alternative all the way, but one song that always gets me dancing is Groove Is In The Heart by Deelite. Still love it, on the rare occasion that I am reliving my disco past on the dance floor.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up that Dee-Lite album (World Clique) with Groove Is In The Heart on it. I got it at a Pawn shop for $1, hehe.

I really like the song, but it took me a few years to disassociate my ex-wife from it as she was the one who bought the album when it came out.

That was back when most people here in the states were calling anything electronic and dance "techno" while those in the U.K. seemed to have a hundred different names for electronic dance music (Jungle, Tribal, House, Drum and Bass, Acid House, House, High NRG, TripHop, etc...).

Then, right around the time The Prodigy's "Firestarter" hit in the states this new term "Electronica" came up and completely replaced the term "Techno."

It's all very confusing.

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhutch
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1352

- posted      Profile for Jhutch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that mention of 'firestarter' reminded me of this study that i heard about on the radio.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Classical More Dangerous On Roads Than Metal

Head-banging heavy metal music may be OK to listen to while driving -- but stay away from some of the older classical stuff.

Britain's RAC Foundation has named Richard Wagner's fast-paced "Ride of the Valkyries" as the top tune not to listen to while behind the wheel. The group says Canadian research shows loud music can cause accidents by delaying reaction times up to 20 percent.

The RAC found that drivers who were listening to music with a fast beat were twice as likely to go through a red light and have twice as many accidents.

Three modern songs also made the top five most-dangerous list:
Wagner, "The Ride of the Valkyries"
Prodigy, "Firestarter"
Basement Jaxx, "Red Alert"
Faithless, "Insomnia"
Verdi, "Dies Irae (Requiem)"

The foundation also provided a top-five list of songs that can be played safely while driving, though it cautions the volume should be kept down.

That list includes the Norah Jones hit "Come Away with Me."

The rest of the recommended easy-listening songs:
Gary Jules, "Mad World"
Lemar, "Another Day"
Sugababes, "Too Lost in You"
Blue, "Breathe Easy"

from: http://www.theindychannel.com/automotive/3008069/detail.html

Posts: 82 | From: Southern USA | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
for me ..FIRESTARTER will always remind me of playing WIPEOUT 2097 on my playstation...nothing beats that instrumental version while tearing round the track!!and even tho tho were games i loved listening to the dance track from the wipeout games.
some of the tunes that i recall from the teens and i loved were
SL2-on a ragga tip
Adamski-killer
Tony Di Bart-real thing
Xpansions-move ur body(played that way loud when i used to cum from school with the windows opeb trying to impress the girls..lol)
Livin' joy-dreamer
Sonz of a loop da loop era-far out

Does anyone from the u.k midlands area remember a pirate radio staion called EXCILE??...played dance stuff...i still have sum stuff i taped off there from about 92-93

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home