iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » hedwig and the angry inch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hedwig and the angry inch
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this cabert/play/monologue on stage once, it was one 'out there' production about a botched-op transexual from East-Berlin called Hansel, who recounts his/her life as an "internationally ignored singing sensation".

They adapted it for the screen with writer John Cameron Mitchell as Hedwig, and though it was a great movie, I still thought Michael Cereves was better in the live version, after all, there's no fear on screen, fear that a glam-rock drag queen is gonna try and interact with you (scary).

Its a top play/film with some great songs ('Origin of love' and 'Angry inch' in particular) and some moments of unexpected poignancy and pathos.

"Tommy, can you hear me?!? From this milkless tit, you've SUCKED the very business we call show".

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie was on my list of hopefuls when it was out, but I missed it. I think it ran recently on Independent Film Channel [US digital cable], and I missed it again. If I ever catch it, I'll let you know.

I'm up for anything out of the usual cinematic realm, you know that.

Kashster, did you see where "Donnie Darko" is getting re-released with some new footage? Doesn't it have an '80s setting?

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Hipstermom, 'Donnie Darko' is an excellent, 'out-there' little film set in 1988, its one of my personal favs in the past few years. I doubt the director's cut will be that different from the original (it'd better not be, I've already bought the DVD!) and it'll probably just re-insert the deleted scenes back into the film (like Ridley did with 'Alien').

Writer/director Richard Kelly said that he really wanted to include the pumpkin carving scene with Donnie and his sister but had to cut it for pace reasons. I'm sure this is a movie you'll enjoy when you see it (begins playing at the Seattle Film Festival on May 29 before going on general release).

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home