iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » No Lookin Back-Michael McDonald

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Lookin Back-Michael McDonald
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was flipping through the channels last night, and Thelma and Louise was on, which I was never crazy about- but sometimes it will be on, and I'll watch parts of it.

I heard this song playing in a scene.

I LOVE this song, I had forgot all about it.

Does anyone know it?

I am so excited that I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZlgJioow_Q

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything he does is great isn't it?

BTW, why are you guys posting "music" stuff in the movies forum? There are quite a few posted here. Shouldn't they all go in the 80s music forum? I guess Nick needs to set up a 90s music and 2000 & later forum... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why I posted it here, is because this song was in a 90s movie. So, I didn't know where to put it.

I just was at Wal-Mart and found Michael McDonald's greatest hits on CD for only $9.00-this song was on it.....I just played it about 10 times, while making lunch. It is an awesome song.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great one:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Collection-Michael-McDonald/dp/B0009X779A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1234294839&sr=1-1

Got this one too:

http://www.amazon.com/Motown-Michael-McDonald/dp/B00009PJQX/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1234294839&sr=1-3

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There´s a certain Kenny Loggins sound but that´s no surprise.
Kenny and Michael have even wrote songs together.

I like this.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The Ultimate Collection is the one I got today.

He has done songs with Kenny Loggins, and was in The Doobie Brothers. He seems to do alot of back up singing.

Atomik-Had you ever heard this song before?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never before ISIS,

Are there more uptempo songs on the album?
Now i´m interested...

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...you have to know the song "Sweet Freedom" from the movie "Running Scared"..????
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
What a Fool Believes - is an awesome song too.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, those are nice songs.
I have Running Scared soundtrack album.

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh michael is my favorite i see him every time he comes to buffalo just love his music and have all of his cd's he has written songs with kenny and they may tour this year? if they do i am there!! his recent cd is excellent too it is called soul speak check it out!! and you have to get his ultimate collection cd!! i did buy alot of them on e bay too!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
He did background vocals for some very famous bands like Ambrosia, Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, Toto etc... Great voice...
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin where the Michael McDonald DVD kept playing over and over in the store. I think the only song he did I liked was "Sweet Freedom."
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The very beginning of this song sounds a little like Suzanne by Journey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nzal0bNGXw

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Then if you speed it up a little bit more- the music sounds a little like:

We are Not Alone - from The Breakfast Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4t1DuhjP4

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay you guys got me going on e bay today to buy some more of michael i actually got a great deal on his love t.k.o. cd for 2.75 but 5.75 total with shipping great deal and i didn't have that one yet even though it is older? lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Keny Loggins did it to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsWsXzQ-vc&feature=related

I still like Michael McDonald better.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
me too isis !!! but then i am extremely biased when it comes to michael have been forever lol !!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home