iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Grosse Pointe Blank - an 80's classic? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grosse Pointe Blank - an 80's classic?
KING 80'S
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7744

4 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KING 80'S   Email KING 80'S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THiS MOViE IS NOT AN 80'S CLASSiC ! iT'S FROM THE 90'S.
Posts: 95 | From: CANADA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Australia, there is a magazine called "That's Life" and it formerly had a feature called "Celebrity Likes And Loathes." John Cusack was one interviewed and he listed one of his loathes as guns, whinging that their easy availability in the United States of America caused that country to have one of the highest homicide rates in the world (patently somebody forgot to impart him that while it is true that some states in the United States of America have liberal gun laws, others actually have strict ones!) His comment was very hypocritical, given that he had no worries about using a gun himself as an instrument of homicide in "Grosse Pointe Blank." Very much like Susan Sarandon taking part in the Million Mom March despite her using a pistol to kill the would-be rapist who insults her and Geena Davis in the car park outside the dance hall in "Thelma And Louise."
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a bunch of misinformed, undereducated, left-wing actors in Hollywood that like to jump on the liberal bandwagon. Cusack is one of them. I love his movies, but hate his politics. Most of them look like idiots when somebody debates them on the "issues" they care so much about. It's really a shame, and because they "do" represent our country to some extent, they make all Americans look stupid in the eyes of the equally misinformed and undereducated people that listen to them abroad.  -

- jdocster [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to add Danny Glover who detests guns yet had no trouble brandishing them in four Lethal Weapon movies. And Rosie O'Donnell who is extremely anti-gun yet wanted her own bodyguards to be armed when taking her kids to school. Wait to appeal to the common people ya bunch of hypocritical oafs. Anybody else saw the video where O'Donnell ambushed Tom Selleck on her own show? It goes to show ya her lack of class when compared to Selleck's. I loved how she says she gave him a chance to explain his side yet the slob kept interrupting him........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkgoGY4Cm4

[ 13. April 2009, 15:59: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheee.... Paul had to slap me around a bit... [Smile] Sorry Paul...

I here you Motley,

Lots of self-important people in the media... The shame of it is, people look up to these people. [Confused]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently re-watched "Grosse Pointe Blank" - excellent '80's nostalgic film, as well as having a funny story & incredible soundtrack.

Possibly my favorite scene was when Martin Blank (Cusack) had that fight to the death w/the rival assassin in the hallway of his old high school - all while Nena's "99 luftballons" played over the loudspeakers - LOL.

As an '80's kid I felt old when this movie came out in 1997...and that was 20 years ago. Reminders about how long it's been since you've graduated high school are a sure-fire way of making you really realize how old you are - LOL.

This was probably the first & definitely the BEST of those "10-year high school '80's reunion" movies that came out in the late '90's - the other two that come to mind are "Romy & Michele's High School Reunion" (1997) and the much more obscure TV film "Since You've been gone" (1998), starring David Schwimmer.

This film also reminded me that I've never attended a high school reunion - and at this point, I never will - too depressing....

[ 12. March 2017, 19:12: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrific movie Nostalgic that i caught in the theatres upon its release and i can't believe that 20 years have since passed, certainly in there amongst my 90s top ten as is director's George Armitage's 1990 thriller Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin.

Nowadays John Cusack can only dream about these types of great roles and scripts especialy what with the amount of the turkeys he's appeared in of late!

I did love the scenes between Cusack and his shrink as played by the great Alan Arkin which i thought were hilarious and the soundtrack too was first rate!

[ 13. March 2017, 14:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home