iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Daddy Day Care

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daddy Day Care
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since, there is no area for the new stuff..this is the only place I thought to put it-but I thought of a few more, but decided not to mention those places.

We rented it at our hotel over the weekend. My son wanted to see it, and I know Jeff Garlin who co-starred in it. I use to be his travel agent, and I thought how cool that he is now in a big movie. Anyway, that movie is the exact reason why I have written so much about todays families being a total mess. Eddie Murphy looses his job the day his wife gets her first job, and she's an attorney and he's an ad exec., and she should have been making the same money as him-if not more, so why they all of a sudden can't pay their Mercedes payment, is beyound me. The house is from out of a magazine, I would estimate it's value close to a million, and their house was professionally decorated, and he says no way is he staying at home with his kid..until he needs to make the mortgage payment. But, it never flowed like a movie should. That's what's wrong with movies, is you can can see where they just did scene after scene and then pieced it together in what looks like a nice little package, and threw it out the door, but they forgot a plot. The whole thing was just stupid. You can't really bond to any of these characters in today's movies, they all seem so detached and so phooney-and not like a real person who anyone could ever relate to. The movies I like, the actors might not even be well known, but they feel like if you meet them, they would be fun to hang out with, and people in movies now are just screwed up. They mention Botox, and SpongeBob, and those are all of the things of today's culture that I want to wipe out of my memory, and hope that I wake up and it was all a nightmare. I thought the movie sucked so bad, so they will probably make at least 2 more sequels.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen this movie, nor do I want to.

But this is an example of why I think Eddie Murphy has fallen off from the funny scale.

The guy used to be such cutting-edge, and now he does movies with poop jokes and farts. As if that is supposed to cute and funny....NOT!

Eddie has not been funny for at least 15 years.

Yeah, I realize that he now has several kids of his own, and so he makes the kind of movies he can take his own kids to see.

Unfortunately, the movie was a big hit, and as long as a studio is willing to give Eddie the big bucks ($$$) to appear in a crappy movie, he's going to keep appearing in them. But as far as I'm concerned, Eddie is just a shadow of what he once was.

I find it ironic that Eddie used to be poke fun at Bill Cosby when he was on SNL. Now he makes the kind of movies that Bill Cosby might've done. But Eddie doesn't even has Cosby's style, grace, or (most importantly) class!

What a waste. [Frown]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could always be worse...he could still be making records.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Chick
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80's Chick   Author's Homepage   Email 80's Chick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Daddy Day Care was made in 2002 or something.
I don't its an 90's movie but who cares

Posts: 364 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home