iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Mulholland Falls?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mulholland Falls?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost bought this yesterday. I found the DVD for $7.99 but wasn't sure. The cast looks enticing...Andrew McCarthy, Jennifer Connelly and Chris Penn!!!

Have any of you guys seen it? Is it worth a purchase? Also, I heard there's a pretty steamy scene somewhere in the film? Is this true and who is it between?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I first caught a glimpse of this I thought Mullholland Drive??? whats she thinking?? hehe Although Drive is intriguing.......I've never seen Falls? Let me know if you do buy it?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it´s a good film. And what a casting it has.
One of my super fav Jennifer Connelly is so HOT [Cool]

There is a quite a steamy scene between Jennifer and John Malkovich
right in the beginning of the movie.

I like also Mulholland Drive a lot.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
One of my super fav Jennifer Connelly is so HOT

Perfection:
 -
[Eek!]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mulholland Drive is perfection too in a non-Jennifer Connelly kind of way........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was kind of a poor mans LA Confidential, but it wasn't a bad movie by any means!

And I am always glad to see McCarthy work!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this is a pretty good movie. I like any movie that has to do with LAPD in the 40s, 50s, or 60s (Mulholland, LA Conf., Black Dahlia, (tv) Dragnet, Adam-12 etc.). Have any of you seen "He Walks By Night"? It is a film noir about LAPD shot in the late 40s or early 50s. One of Jack Webb's first film appearances. Great LAPD film. I know it has nothing to do with the 80s, but I had to put this up. Apologies.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this one finally! Did Cindy ever?

Jennifer Connolly was beautiful.....and seeing her with Malkovich and Nolte was kind of ewwwww.

But with such a cast and awesome sets it turned out to be a pretty good movie....my opinion of Drive has changed over the years....I can appreciate it now for Lynch of course haha and have seen it a few times since [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home