iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 90's Teen Horror Movies...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 90's Teen Horror Movies...
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing the last topic here, it got me to thinking about some of the teen/horror flicks I enjoyed from the 90's. What do you guys think about the following and what can you add to the list?

The Crush -Alicia Silverstone (some really great quotes in this movie)

Fear -Reese Witherspoon, Alyssa Milano and Mark Wahlberg (LOVE this movie...soft spot for Mark, what can I say?)

I Know What You Did Last Summer-Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ryan Philippe and Sarah Michelle Gellar

Not bad movies for the 90's [Razz] !

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Scream? Can we consider that a "teen" horror movie? Fear was a great movie. Oh, and The Craft.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh yes, I forgot about Scream...I think that falls into the category. The opening scene is fantastic with Drew Barrymore. It was standout in my opinion! Everyone knows that scene now and it was terrifying [Eek!] !

Fear rocks!!! Love that movie and the soundtrack was killer with Bush!!

The Craft is another movie I need to revisit. I've only seen bits and pieces...

What about Jawbreaker?? Anyone see that?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jawbreaker was good. I watched it again last summer.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Jawbreaker was decent!

Another one I like is DISTURBING BEHAVIOUR....! Im not oblivious to the fact that it is a pretty bad movie! But I just like it for some reason.

And the scene with Katie Holmes being brainwashed, has a whole new ressonance now... [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good choices.
i personally like THE FACULTY. josh hartnett, elijah wood..

i also liked FEAR.. the "comedown" scene was a highlight in the movie [Wink]

another one i liked was BRAINSCAN..does that count as a teen horror movie?

i was going to say URBAN LEGEND, but that takes place at a college... still.. it's another good one!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I forgot The Faculty and Disturbing Behavior. What about Idle Hands?
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooooh Jessica Alba... don't get me started... [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

90's horror... I don't know, I think the horror has gotten better in the past 5 or so years. Just my take.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought The Faculty was pretty entertaining [Smile]

Jawbreaker I never thought of as horror really...! What a strange strange movie. Fun soundtrack though with Veruca Salt and Imperial Teen (that Yoo Hoo track is kinda catchy)

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about The Crucible. Not really horror but a great movie.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved The Craft.

What about Candyman? Totally creepy. Not that it was necessarily a teen horror film, but horror nonetheless.

Sleepy Hollow w/Johnny Depp?

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Craft and Candyman were great. I actually saw Candyman in the theater when it first came out.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just watched an old VHS copy of SEED PEOPLE 1992... not teen horror as such, but daaaaamn was it funny! If you ever stumble on a copy of this flick, pick it up for sure, and if you don't find it either hilarious, gross, completely ridicilous or all of the above, I will personally reimburse you!

German trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj90f8UdVco

[ 18. July 2008, 05:43: Message edited by: JAYLEE ]

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the craft is on netflix instant watch. i'm going to watch it soon, since it's been a while. i think this one, along with the scream movies will keep me entertained for a few days [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blair witch project that film well spooked me out.
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90's teen horror?...idk..those movies didn't really scare...more laughable than anything.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love I Know What You Did Last Summer and the sequal. Love Scream too one of my favs.

What about Halloween H20? Can that be considered a horror teen movie?

Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I suppose Halloween H20 could be considered a tenn horror movie. I quite liked it!
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

me too, petty. i thought it was pretty good too. i liked the atmosphere of it..
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I know its not quite a horror, well in fact its a spoof of pretty much all the 90s horrors mentioned above, and Yes I know its very very cheesy. But I do have a soft spot for Shriek if you know what I did last friday the thirteenth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212235/

or should I now get my coat [Smile]

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home