iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Toy Soldiers staring sean astin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toy Soldiers staring sean astin
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one remember this film i loved it i have it on vhs and i wish it will come out on dvd

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie too!! Are you sure it hasn't come out on DVD yet? If it hasn't, I'm sure they'll put it out eventually.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that Toy Soldiers is coming out on DVD on November 5, 2002.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES i cant wait im gonna get it i hope it as special features
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never seen this movie I really want to everyone says its really great and i like Sean Austin and Wil Wheaton, does anyone go to Wil Wheaton's site? it is run by himself
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this movie when it came out. I still enjoy watching it today. Part of the reason is would be that I think Sean Astin is an underrated star. In Goonies he made me believe in him with every line he spoke. He never seemed as though he were acting. We were on that journey with him. In Rudy, he portrayed his character with so much passion, I admit I got a little teary! (just a little!)In Lord of the Rings, he plays Samwise and again he has me believing that he is a big hearted 3'6 Hobbit. Maybe because he started out as a child star that effected his credibility somewhat, but he has proved to the world again he has what it takes to star in any sort of film. :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
trivebij
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1197

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trivebij   Email trivebij   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is a cool movie. did you notice that most of the characters in that movie also starred in goonies too!
Posts: 23 | From: london, england | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
i dont understand what u sean astin was the only person who was also in the goonies
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that movie, that guy who played the head terrorist was also the bad dude in 'Another 48 HRS.'. I think as far as these movies that havn't been released on DVD yet..they might be based on ratings shown when the movie is played on Satelite TV at any given time. 'Toy Soldiers' was on HBO a few times earlier this year, and still theres' no DVD. Remember 'Armed and Dangerous' (1986) with John Candy and Eugene Levy?..HBO played that movie several times over the Spring and summer this year and in August the studio announced that it would finally be released digitally on November 5th. It seems logical, a production company would only release a DVD if they knew it would make money and not lose it..I guess a lot of people were watching 'Armed and Dangerous' during those few months. (Just my guess, I don't claim to know this for a fact.)

Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Toy Soldiers was released on DVD earlier this month. My parents bought it for me as a Christmas gift, so I haven't been able to watch it yet, and won't be able to watch it until after Christmas.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home