iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Baby's Day Out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby's Day Out
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else has seen this absurd but highly amusing Hughesian piece? While he tests the plausibility envelope with your average tale of three guys who make his better-known Wet Bandits look like Rhodes Scholars chasing the baby they stole around Chicago while it sightsees and getting themselves painfully smashed up all the way, there's still enough of his trademark charm and heart to keep it interesting for me. Not to mention it is hilarious, my favorite being where the baby grabs Joe Mantagna's lighter and ignites his pants in the one spot you never want them to catch on fire, prompting his associates to put the flames out the hard and very violent way.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hardly remember it as I saw it a long time ago (I thought Look Who's Talking was funnier), but it was kinda funny. I always remember the "ghost" rumor about the movie and I think it's humorous because it's a cut-out.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I think you're refering to Three Men and a Baby there. The one I mean here came from 1994 and starred Joe Mantagna, Lara Flynn Boyle, and Joe Pantaliano.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh! Right. I see now. Men and babies, it's all the same. [Razz]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this movie. [Smile] It's very cute. And the baby is adorable.

*chuckles* And I must admit my favorite part is the Joe Mantegna "crotch fire" scene as well. Everytime I see it I laugh my butt off. [Big Grin]

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that this was really cute! I got it in the cheap bin at Wal-Mart around Christmas time for my son, but he couldn't wait for all of the baby chasing stuff before he lost interest.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen this movie in ages, but I'm looking feverishly for it on DVD...or VHS, assuming it hasn't been released on DVD yet.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care much for this one. I saw it originally in the theater, and by that point, was already getting tired of these kiddy slapstick flicks. (having already seen Home Alone 1 & 2, Problem Child 1 & 2, Dennis the Menace, etc...all movies I still enjoy to this day)

I recently saw Baby's Day Out on cable, and the only part that genuinely made me laugh was when the baby used the lighter on the guys pants.

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i picked up a really good trick for breakfast cereal from watching this movie, the guy with the flat top put his hand over top of the bowl while pouring the milk, ever since i seen it here, thats how i done it.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually watching this movie right now. It's playing on Nick@Nite. I've seen this one a couple times before awhile ago, but never thought much of it as the plausability factor is pretty extreme. But if you shut off your brain for long enough while watching this, it can induce a good chucklefest. The premise of this film is quite obviously heavily influenced by cartoons of the old days. And since I grew up a cartoon lover, I can instantly point out the old Warner Bros, Tom & Jerry, Popeye cartoons that seemed to directly inspire this film.

Aside from the whole live action cartoon-like feel of this movie. The other highlight rests in both Joe Mantagna & Joe Pantaliano's performance...or lack there of. These 2 already accomplished veteran actors seriously had to dumb down their skills for their roles in this movie.But that's also what makes their performances in it that much more amusing. Pretty much identical in the same sense of what Daniel Stern & Joe Pesci did in the Home Alone movies.

I guess when you break it all down..Baby's Day Out and Home Alone are virtually the same movie. I think Baby's Day Out wins in this race though because of the ridiculously unbelievable, but humorous story..and also because the baby is obviously much cuter..lol. So yes, overall this is nothing more than a mindless slapstick goofball comedy. But for those of us who grew up loving the cartoons of the old days that this movie pays tribute to in so many ways, it's really not so bad.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home