iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Crush w/ Alicia Silverstone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Crush w/ Alicia Silverstone
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. It's so bad, it's good, if you know what I mean. I think this one came out in 1993 before Clueless. I bought the DVD rather cheap and I have to say I'm amused each time I watch it.

Alicia Silverstone was unintentionally hilarious as Darian, a 14 year old girl obsessed with her new, older neighbor Nick. The way she manipulates her friends, family and situation with Nick are classic. There are some amazing one liners in this movie as well, and at times it almost has an 80's feel to it. Anyone else like it?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The movie was odd. It was on HBO all the time a while back. I have seen it like 90 times. A good movie, and she played a sick kid.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of Alicia Silverstone's better acting moments, IMO. It used to be a favorite of mine. She definitely played a sick kid!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was supposedly based on a true story, the guy who wrote the script had been stalked by a teen girl named "Darian"....That is why when you watch it on TV the charactor's name has been changed to "Adrian"...the girl's family thretened legal action.

I didnt like this movie: It was too bizarre for me. I mean: A carousel in the attic?????

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not necessarily a gem of a movie but still a fun movie. I own the dvd. For fans of the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The girl who plays Adrienne's best friend Cheyenne is none other than a young Amber Benson who played Willow's girlfriend Tara, on Buffy. Fans of this movie should also check out Devil in the Flesh which stars the beautiful Rose McGowan.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the only reason the movie was given the attention that it got, was because of alicia... i don't care too much for the movie, but i have to admit that she did have some good lines.

devil in the flesh was about the same. i enjoy watching rose mcgowan, she is oddly attractive to me.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:

I didnt like this movie: It was too bizarre for me. I mean: A carousel in the attic?????

Hahaha, I think that's one of the reasons I liked this movie...wooden horses in a house are always wrong. Makes me think of Prom Night II.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now THAT was a weird movvie I liked!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
That was supposedly based on a true story, the guy who wrote the script had been stalked by a teen girl named "Darian"....That is why when you watch it on TV the charactor's name has been changed to "Adrian"...the girl's family thretened legal action.

Thank you for that info. I remember seeing this when it first came out and I remembered her name as "Darian". Then seeing it on tv and later getting a dvd copy of it the name was changed. I thought I was going nuts. [Smile]
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roth
Rewind Curious
Member # 5622

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for roth   Email roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant film, one of my favs!
Posts: 5 | From: London UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockitmarty
Rewind Curious
Member # 5714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rockitmarty   Email rockitmarty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know the name of the guy who played Nick in this movie...I see him all the time in film i have no clue what his name is?
Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockitmarty:
does anyone know the name of the guy who played Nick in this movie...I see him all the time in film i have no clue what his name is?

It was Cary Elwes.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to fancy the **** off Alicia!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Crush yesterday and it was nice and entertaining little thriller.

I liked the cast.
Good performances from Alicia Silverstone and Jennifer Rubin, both were very pretty.
This was Alicia´s first feature film.
Cary Elwes was also good and Kurtwood Smith always delivers.

Check it out if you haven´t seen it.

The Crush trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crush is an awesome guilty pleasure movie!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great movie. It's like an alternate version of the 1989 thriller "Lisa"...with a little bit of Kubrick's classic "Lolita", and 'Fatal Attraction' thrown in the mix.

..But yeah..awesome movie..Probably still my favorite of Alicia's=)

[ 07. January 2011, 13:38: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total guilty pleasure of mine too Veronica! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home