iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Malkovich...Malkovich Malkovich....Malkovich!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Malkovich...Malkovich Malkovich....Malkovich!
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‘Being John Malkovich’ is one of my all time favourite movies. I remember when I first saw it at this tiny cinema which had school-style plastic chairs and a screen that was just a bit smaller than the projection, it was about 40 mins into the film that I realised that this cinema was the perfect setting for such a movie. If you could get in anyone’s head, from any time, who’d it be and what would you make them do?

I’d get into George Bush senior’s head and make him play guitar, sing Bob Dylan folk songs and work for the Peace corps before jumping portals into Elvis’ mind circa 1957 and just soak it up, I’d try and talk him out of eating all those burgers and cream pies though.

CRAIG
How about this, if I can guess your
first name within three tries, you
have to come out for a drink with me
tonight.

MAXINE
Why not?

CRAIG
Great.

(watches her face as he guesses)

Buuuhhppaahhhhnnn. . . . .Muhhhahhhhh. . . . .ahhhnnnaaa. . nollltuuukkkaaaaralllll. . . tashabararassssssuuuuusaaaaaaa. . .caaath...suuuuu...cllllll...nnnnnnnaaaaaannnnnnnnncccccceeeeeee...Mwaaaaaa. . . . .Mahhhhhkkkkk. . .sssseeeeeen. Maxine?...Maxine!

MAXINE
Who told you?

CRAIG
I'm right?

MAXINE
Who told you?

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent choice, excellent movie!

He's always good, sometimes creepy, generally worth-watching especially when he's dangerously debauching upright prissy women.

LOL: Went to see 'The Man in the Iron Mask' which was so horrible, except for the half of the movie not involving Leonardo. My BF and I were so ashamed 1.) to be seen in a chain movie theater, B.) to be seen at a Leonardo movie, and then of course there's just the whole destruction of our credibility at seeing something mainsteam.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malkovich is a great actor, I especially loved that movie where he played a jewel thief [Wink] ‘Man In The Iron Mask’ was an enjoyable film with a top notch cast, (although Dicaprio’s pouting did want to make you jump into the screen and slap him, but I guess that was the point of his Louis 14th character)…Hipstermom, in a chain cinema?, whatever next; co-producing Jerry Bruckheimer movies, hmmm? [Wink]

Btw Anna Frais was so obviously spoofing Cameron Diaz in ‘Lost In Translation’ (another good movie) that you cant help but think she must’ve crossed claws with Sofia Coppola at some time or another. Who’d have thought that the girl who very nearly ruined ‘Godfather III’ with her over-acting, would go onto such quality work behind the camera.

Ahh yes to be John Malkovich (a man more Euro than American), when I grow up I wanna be like Jack Nicholson, not a fat dude who wear shades indoors, but a man whose as silky smooth as a smooth and silky piece of…silk.

‘HF’ TOP 5 JOHN MALKOVICH MOVIES

1. Being John Malkovich
2. Of Mice And Men
3. Dangerous Liaisons
4. Empire Of The Sun
5. Time Regained /Con Air

(‘Con Air’ because his presence seemed to lift everyone’s acting game in that movie)

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the renegade photographer in "The Kiling Fields."

Hey, he was even good as the blind guy in "Places in the Heart" [cue the chick flick hisses]..."step down, step down!"

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
Just read on CNN: a new book about the rise of Independent Cinema in the '90s...the Miramax/Weinstein saga...Soderbergh...Tarantino.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home