iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Kevin Smith Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Kevin Smith Collection
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Doctor Nick] Hi everybody [/Doctor Nick]

Ok, i'm sure the clever, well though out title explains what this post is about [Big Grin]

So who likes the Kevin Smith movies ? If you don't know who he is, the movies i'm refering to are Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob etc...

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Kevin Smith movies. Mallrats is my favorite.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a very big Kevin Smith fan. I actually had Clerks for about 6 months before it ran at Woodstock 94. I used to work at a video store in the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, NJ. I was talking to a customer one day and he told me he just made a movie and asked if I wanted to watch it. I said sure as I was and still am a big movie collector. He brought it in but when I went to watch it the movie was black & white. Not that I have anything against black & white but I figured it was something this guy and a couple of friends made and was going to suck.

I put it on a shelf and forgot about it until I saw they were showing this movie at Woodstock 94. I remembered that I had a copy so I watched it and loved it. This was the uncut version with the original ending and different music that the one that was in the theaters or on videotape.

The guy who gave it to me was the guy who played the gum salesman. I still have the tape with his business card attached to it.

Looking back now I probably could have made a lot of money by selling copies with the original ending since you couldn't get it anywhere else. Now it's on the Clerks X DVD so I missed out on the opportunity.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bob that is a brilliant story man, you definitely could of made some serious money with it.

Have you seen Clerks II yet ?

As usual us in the U.K. get everything late [Roll Eyes] It is coming out at certain cinemas over here next friday.

I think i'm with pettyfan regarding Mallrats being the best.

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With 4 kids we aren't able to go to the movies so I haven't seen Clerks 2 yet. I'll catch it on video when it comes out.

I liked Mallrats also even though that's the movie that got the worst reviews, until Jersey Girl came out.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
Ah yes Jersey Girl...... To be honest I actually liked this film. I know it wasn't a typical Kevin Smith flick, but it was alright.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clerks was my fave.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Clerks but Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back had some hilarious moments. The scene where they are extras in Good Wil Hunting 2 and they are told they cannot make eye contact with Matt Damon or Ben Affleck is a riot.

I also liked when they crawl into James Van Der Beek's window and they talk to him and Jason Biggs but then beat them up and take their costumes.

And finally the scene where Jay is rapping about smoking weed and then starts singing "Jungle Love" by Morris Day and the Time is classic [Razz] .

"Fifteen bucks, little man, put that $hit in my hand..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always loved Kevin Smith. It think Clerks must be my favourite, but mallrats comes close second. I just borrowed the dvd's of an evening with kevin smith from a freind. He's hilarious. [Smile]
Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cotter
Rewinder
Member # 5081

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cotter   Author's Homepage   Email Cotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Kevin Smith walking down the street in Beverly Hills with a shirt that said KEVIN. Oh Kevin... [Big Grin]
Posts: 42 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home