iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Republica the band

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Republica the band
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember this mid-late 90s band? Loved their tracks ‘Ready To Go’ and ‘Drop Dead Gorgeous’, always liked their front-woman; Saffron, even though she wasn’t the best singer, she did her thing which such verve and sass that it didn’t really matter, and anyone who can get away with singing in Estuary English (or was that mockney?) is OK in my book.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They actually played at my hometown (Northampton)'s annual balloon festival a few years ago!!! They were pretty good too.....though playing to a field (mostly) full of mums, dads and kids who had no idea who they were, probably wasn't the greatest outlet for their talents!

And yes - Saffron was a total honey! [Razz]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought their CD this year at a pawn shop for $3. I liked some songs, although I wish the album wasn't so overproduced. Funny, I am reading this grea book about Britpop called the Last Party and there is no mention of them anywhere, which is funny because the group Sleeper gets some mention.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, a lot of my friends at colledge will agree with you
we talk a lot about the 80s, and the 90s too, republica came up very quickly, like in the first couple of weeks of the first semester

saffron, oh man, so cute, where can I find a girl like that?

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Roxbury Guys have "What is Love?" by Haddaway...

I have "Ready to Go" by Republica...

Love that song...always puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.

I like that scene in Vegas Vacation when Audrey is dancing atop that giant sign at night while "Ready to Go" plays in the background. Good times...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home