iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Once Were Warriors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Once Were Warriors
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From 1994 comes this great film from New Zealand

Once Were Warriors is the story about a family of Maiori descent living in Aucklund Nex Zealand. The main focus of the story centers around the very violent temper of the father and how it effects the lives of his wife and three oldest children. There are some very disturbing scenes but they all are crucial to the plot and not gratuitous by any means.

An underrated gem that I highly recommend.

Anybody else familliar with this one?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it but it sounds like one I'd like to see.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man... Temeura Morrison (a.k.a. Jango Fett of EPISODE II) as Jake the Mass! what a sick puppy! yeah, this is a very powerful and disturbing film. I think there was a sequel called WHAT BECOMES OF THE BROKEN HEARTED or something like that. be warned! this is NOT for the squeamish.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home