iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Cape Fear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cape Fear
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on a movie channel today at 6PM...I couldn't believe it, I thought this movie was so scary, and so graphic. I can't believe they showed the unedited version that early in the day, it was on right after Ghostbusters, so kids would be watching Ghostbusters and stay tuned for this one, and then look what they would have got.

I remember my husband and I went to see it at the movies, and we walked to the movies in the dark from our apartment, it was just a few blocks away, and I never was so scared over going to a movie and feeling so creeped out, as I did at this one. I hated walking home, I was so creeped out.

The scene where he kills the maid, and they are falling all over the blood on the floor...I couldn't believe how that creeped me out.

What does anyone think of this movie?

The whole stalker thing freaks me out as it is, I always thought that was a really scary premise for a movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's even scarier than THE EXORCIST! [Eek!] At least my mom says so.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's DeNiro at his finest. Great, but scary movie which is a good thing....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on again late last night, I watched just a few minutes of it, cause I had forgotten so much of it, and when he picked that girl up and took her home, and then beat her, and he bit a piece of her cheek off...that was disgusting, I was so grossed out. I must have blocked that scene out of my mind.

Those are the kind of things, I don't need to see, I don't feel like there is anything good about having a mental picture of something that horrid floating around in your head, what purpose does a scene like that do?? You know that he beats her up, you can imagine all that without having seen it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume that you are referring to the early 90's remake with Nick Nolte and Robert DeNiro? (and not the early 60's original with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum?)
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yepper Steven....Robert Mitchum didn't take a bite out of anybody ....or did he????? [Confused] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found the DeNiro version much scarier than the original.. i think its his character! very creepy!
i think they did a sketch of cape fear in the simpsons once.. that was quite funny!

Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that one, it WAS funny! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home