iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Mr. Wrong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. Wrong
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else think that this 1996 Ellen DeGeneres film is hilarious! I loved her in this she is so freaking funny! I wish it was available on DVD, until that time I guess I will have to keep my VHS copy.

What were your favorite parts of this film?

Mine would have to be when any scene that Ellen is in with Joan Cusack. They couldn't have cast her better. I think that this destined to be a classic, someday!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jessie,

We've never really talked but I hope we get to know each other better this year. I'm so psyched someone else out there loves Mr. Wrong. It's rarely talked about and not too many people seem to know it. I thought it was hysterical. My friend Amy and I have watched it countless times and we quote it constantly! It is out on DVD. I have it. You should be able to find it on Amazon.

Joan Cusack was hilarious as Inga! Some of the best lines she says are "Do you want gum in your hair? No? Okay." Or "I wanted them eaten by ants BOB!" You just don't get better than that! "She once tried to assisinate rock temptress Stevie Nicks..." LOL!!!

Bill Pullman was unreal as Whitman. What a maniac! I like when he says to Martha that he's glad he can just be himself around her for ever and ever and them he screams "whoo, I feel free."

My other favorite parts are when he shows up in the clown suit outside her window and does his love dance! I love when he recites his poetry to her and it's just completely nuts! And also when he rips off the convenient store and buys the disposable camera cause "it's a got to have item."

His mother was also a trip when they go over to play charades and she's sizing Martha up for a wife. Man, that movie is jam packed with quotes and funny parts. What are some of yours?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cindy--

I am so glad that someone else loved it as much as I did. I am also glad to know it is on DVD and I will be on the lookout for it.

It is one of those movies that just gets funnier and funnier everytime that you watch it. I love Ellen DeGeneres anyway. I love it when Inga and Bob stick gum in her hair. The looks that Ellen DeGeneres can get on her face are just priceless.

"Life is the Synchronicity of Chance"--Tommy LaSorda. What a look on her face when she sees that stitched on the pillow at his mothers house.

I love you so much I am gonna break my own finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder whatever happened to the guy that played Walter? I read his profile on IMDB.com but he really hasn't been in much or anything that popular since then. He was cute in that one!

I look forward to us sharing more interesting movie topics together Cindy!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still trying to figure out how Ellen has an entertainment career...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get a kick out of ellen degeneres but i've never seen this movie, definitely heard of it though. i put it on my queue (although it's number like 240 so i won't have anything to report for a while).

it gets mixed reviews on netflix which is funny because with a premise like that, how can you go wrong?

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home