iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Freaked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Freaked
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw somebody asking about this movie on the 80s board. Someone told the poster the title and then I swooped in with my joking "80s Avenger" comments.

I decided to start a thread about "Freaked" in the board where it belongs...Here.

To refresh people about the plot, it's a movie about a former child actor trying to regain fame by advertising products from a corrupt corporation. With a few friends, he discovers that the product he's selling can turn its' users into hideous mutants.

I thought that this movie was really funny...I own the DVD. I really wish that Alex Winter had made more movies. He was the funniest one in this film and it was interesting to see him reunited with Keanu Reeves (You'll have to look hard for him, though). The supporting cast was funny as well, especially Mr. T as the bearded lady and Brooke Shields as a talk show host in the wrap-around segments for the movie.

Has anybody else seen it? If so, what are your opinions on it?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I have. Is it good? [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very good. It has a lot of bizarre humor (Really bizarre in some cases, like a hammer flashing back to its' childhood. I don't mean Hammer...I'm talking about the tool you bang nails with).

The soundtrack is rather interesting, with a lot of alternative rock bands...Not grunge, but goofy.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funniest line in FREAKED (original title: HIDEOUS MUTANT FREAKZ) -

Rick Coogan: (saying goodbye to the other freaks) "Nosey... I never did like you"

Nosey: "Suck my ****!"

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I was in tears over the origin of Hammer. I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home