iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Score

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Score
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old school heist thriller starring Robert De Niro, Ed Norton and the late/great Marlon Brando (in his last on-screen performance). 'The Score' was a movie I'd been wanting to see for a while, and though it was only made four years ago, its style and pace are straight out of the 1970s, a meticulously crafted character study of the three leads (though Brando isn't in it all that much).

Ed Norton turns in yet another stellar performace, and his character is such a shady but wonderfully clever conman, that its impossible to hate him even when he risks runing everything for his old timer team mate De Niro.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah not a bad little movie - directed by YODA himself, Frank Oz.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muzzled ox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1841

- posted      Profile for muzzled ox   Email muzzled ox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I though it stunk... except for the last litte twist. There's a story out there that the legendary Brando refused to take direction from Frank Oz. True to form,he kept belittling Oz calling him "MISS PIGGY" etc. Oz eventually fed direction through an earpiece to De Niro who in turn told Brando. Brando being made to believe that it was coming from De Niro.
I believe that this was Brando's last flick.
It was also the last for Paul Soles, the Canadian actor who played the elderly janitor. Soles biggest claim to fame was providing the voice to Spiderman in the 60's catoon series.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home