iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Deputy Dewey Makes Me Scream..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deputy Dewey Makes Me Scream..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok before the sequels and the "Scary Movie" spoof of this semi-horror spoof...did you like the movie "Scream"?

I actually really enjoyed this movie, maybe it was because Wes Craven was able to make fun of himself and it contained numerous innuendos to his movies. I remember when "Nightmare On Elmstreet" first came out and everyone was like so spooked by it. I watched it recently and I spent more time laughing than being scared. So I'm sure "Scream" has lost it's scare as well, but when it first came out I really thought it was cool. Loved the music and the premise. [Eek!] [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Scream was amazing. I remember watching in at the cinema in a great deal of pain because I needed to go for a leak during the last half hour but didn't want to miss any of the film!

I thought Scream 2 was even better. I sat on the edge of my seat for most of it, particularly the scene where Neve Campbell is trapped in the back seat of the police car and has to climb over the unconcious killer to get out.

Scream 3 was incredibly disappointing unfortunately. It had no humour, and was really nothing more than a murder by numbers film.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't mind Scream, when it first came out...that is when I sort of had hope for newer movies. The first one....I remember being pretty scared. What scared me the most...that I remember was Drew Barrymore's part where she is talking on the phone, and he says he has her boyfriend. That part was freaky. I don't know if I ever saw it more than once, and I haven't seen any of them for a long time.

They might be interesting to watch again...but they were so bloody.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also remember seeing it at the theater and being totally shocked that it was so awesome. I have seen the 3rd one far more than the 2nd one, in fact I think I have only seen the 2nd one twice.

I totally had no idea who the killer/killers were in the first one. Or the second, really or the third.

I really want to see the second one again since it has been so long.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis said: "They might be interesting to watch again...but they were so bloody."

As were alot of the 80s horror movies. I guess what got me about the first Scream was the twist in its ending and the way it led you to believe that everyone was a suspect up until the end...

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home